Remove Boston Remove Community Remove Government Remove Venture Capital
article thumbnail

ESG in Venture Capital: Interview with Blue Future Partners (VC Fund of Funds)

David Teten

Blue Future Partners, a venture capital fund of funds, recently interviewed me on ESG in venture capital. For example, I’m an investor via ff Venture Capital in: – Plated.com is a meal kit company, delivering you the recipe and fresh ingredients to make a gourmet meal in your own kitchen.

article thumbnail

The Silent Killer – The Company Your Community Never Created

Both Sides of the Table

Of course this can be done and of course I am a big proponent of the rise of startup centers across the country as the Internet has moved from the “infrastructure phase” to the “application phase” dominated by the three C’s: content, communications and commerce. Think about Facebook had it stayed in Boston.

Community 369
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Calling Financial Innovators

VC Adventure

Sweet Grace was born in 2008, as the Great Recession ripped through the United States, particularly affecting working-class communities like Lawrence, Massachusetts where Danaris lives. According to Kauffman Foundation research , beyond the 1% of startups receiving venture capital financing, only about 17% take any outside financing at all.

article thumbnail

Announcing our summer intern class

David Teten

A bit belatedly (due to a backlog of blog postings), I wanted to announce ff Venture Capital ‘s summer intern class. Franklin Bi became passionate about venture capital and entrepreneurship after he spent a summer in Silicon Valley, working on an information services startup focused on innovation management.

article thumbnail

Why The SBIC Doesn’t Work For Venture Capital Anymore

Feld Thoughts

The SBIC was instrumental in the creation of the venture capital business. If you want to see a fun quote on it, read A History of Silicon Valley which quotes: “ …many venture capital pioneers think the SBIC program did little to advance the art and practice of venture investing.

SBIC 142
article thumbnail

4 American Cities That Want Your Business

Up and Running

As local governments work to transform their regulatory environments into ones that promote and nurture the establishment and growth of small businesses, it’s becoming easier to measure and rank their efforts. Boston, Massachusetts. While Boston wasn’t one of the top 10 cities on the climate index, it was rated as moderately efficient.

article thumbnail

Startup Communities: Creating A Great Entrepreneurial Ecosystem In Your City

Feld Thoughts

For now, the title is “ Startup Communities: Creating A Great Entrepreneurial Ecosystem In Your City.” If you are a leader in your entrepreneurial community and have something you want to add , email me 500 – 1000 words. The Boulder Entrepreneurial Community. Welcome Everyone Into The Entrepreneurial Community.

Community 142