Remove Business Model Remove Community Remove New York City Remove Vertical
article thumbnail

Who are the Major Revenue-Based Investing VCs?

David Teten

I’ve been a traditional equity VC for 8 years, and I’m now researching new business models in venture capital. Founders First Capital Partners : “Founders First Capital Partners, LLC is building a comprehensive ecosystem to empower underrepresented founders to become leading premium wage job creators within their communities.

Revenue 60
article thumbnail

Transcript of Why Continuous Learning Matters for Today’s Professionals

Duct Tape Marketing

Skillshare is an online learning community with thousands of classes in design, business, tech, you name it. Actually, the first version of the business was in-person classes, so kind of somewhere between a meetup and general assembly. So it is an increasingly global community. He is the CEO of Skillshare.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Flexible VCs With Structures Between Equity and Revenue-Based Investing

David Teten

His work on VC and small communities can be found at greatercolorado.vc/blog. This essay is part of a series on alternative VC: I: Revenue-Based Investing: a new option for founders who care about control. GCVF is pioneering the future of venture capital and high growth startups for all small communities.

Equity 78
article thumbnail

SXSW Pitch Finalist: echoAR

Austin Startup

Grinshpoon talked about tech trends, what he likes about being in New York City, and why he would go to Mars. We strive to help companies and developers create scalable AR/VR experiences anywhere and to have a long-lasting impact on the AR/VR community. Tell us your favorite thing about being based in New York City.

article thumbnail

SXSW Pitch Finalists: echoAR

Austin Startup

Grinshpoon talked about tech trends, what he likes about being in New York City, and why he would go to Mars. We strive to help companies and developers create scalable AR/VR experiences anywhere and to have a long-lasting impact on the AR/VR community. Tell us your favorite thing about being based in New York City.

article thumbnail

Strategy Roundtable For Entrepreneurs: Menlo Park and The Silicon Valley Renaissance

ReadWriteStart

To those in our eco-system who are facing this problem around the globe, I have the following suggestion: Instead of giving $100,000 to one startup, give $1,000 each to 100 startups, and put a larger number of entrepreneurs in your community through 1M/1M. In fact, Spencer Bardsley from Columbus, Ohio, pitched Wha' the.? -