Remove Cloud Remove Community Remove Early Stage Remove Product Development
article thumbnail

Snyk: How Freemium Can Help Your Start-up Grow from Series A to $2.6B in 30 Months

Cracking the Code

Earlier this year, I was on a panel with Guy Podjarny, Snyk’s founder, at SaaStock Remote to discuss how the team’s community-driven freemium approach led to the company’s stellar growth. million developers using our product. Developers have no barrier to getting started with Snyk. Today, we have around 1.5

article thumbnail

Create Structure out of the Gate and You’ll Thank Yourself Later

Feld Thoughts

Following is his advice to early stage entrepreneurs for creating structure in their company. So, I’ll explain my reasoning through the story of ASC, a fictitious company that has a combination of characteristics I’ve seen across a number of early stage companies.

Burn Rate 152
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

5 ways to help remote workers thrive

Up and Running

Besides avoiding conflict, regular communication and collaboration prevents employees from focusing too narrowly on their own projects. The technology available today makes it easy to keep in touch with a remote work force, eliminating any communication barriers that may have existed in the past.

article thumbnail

Building a new startup hub

Startup Lessons Learned

Ive written a little bit about the origins of Silicon Valley because I think its important for us to understand how we got here in order to make sure we preserve what is best about our community. The companies I spoke to all agreed that the community there was extremely supportive, especially in the critical ulta-early-stage.

article thumbnail

The Ultimate Guide to Starting a Software Company

Up and Running

Since the term “cloud computing” was coined in 1996—at least as we have come to understand its meaning—the software as a service industry has exploded. We created UpKeep to fill this void—a cloud-based solution that was affordable for any size business.” – Ryan Chan, founder of UpKeep. Keep core development in-house.

article thumbnail

Startup Resources

www.vccafe.com

VC Cafe covers early stage Israeli and European tech & mobile startups. Ning Communities. Aptana Cloud (svn, IDE, php, java, rails etc…). Cloud Infrastructure. see the Libcloud -compatible cloud providers. cloud-based survey, free account. On-line Communities. VC & Startup Resources.

article thumbnail

Why Launching a Startup Is More Expensive Than You Think

mashable.com

After all, high-quality open source software is free, the cloud makes computer power far less expensive, and anyone with an Internet connection can learn Ruby and CSS. For example, my company decided early on to hire a UI designer, which has helped tremendously with our product development.

Startup 79