Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove CTO Remove Southern California
article thumbnail

Innovation and Geography

SoCal CTO

skip to main | skip to sidebar SoCal CTO Tuesday, February 20, 2007 Innovation and Geography I ran across a post in Read/Write Web - Does Location Matter in Web Innovation? eHarmongy) as an acting CTO. He has twenty years’ experience as a CTO. He has been the CTO for several start-ups, most notably eHarmony.

article thumbnail

Los Angeles Startup Events

SoCal CTO

I realized that it has been a little while since I posted about the Los Angeles Startup Community and so needed to update my list of startup events that will be out of date almost before I finish publishing it. Of course, given the size of this list and having kids, I really can't attend a lot of these.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Social Networking and Business Value

SoCal CTO

Corporations increasingly see social media as a key PR, communications and marketing medium. Social networking sites and microblogs are used not only to build company brands, but to foster productivity; social media tools help build communities around the question, "What are you working on?" a communications tool for enterprises.

article thumbnail

Trump Would Hurt Innovation (& I’m With Her)

Hunter Walker

Personally, I’m committing time and dollars for the next four months to campaign for Hillary but also speak with and learn more about the local and national economic challenges many communities face. We are inventors, entrepreneurs, engineers, investors, researchers, and business leaders working in the technology sector.

article thumbnail

Trump Would Hurt Innovation (& I’m With Her)

Hunter Walker

Personally, I’m committing time and dollars for the next four months to campaign for Hillary but also speak with and learn more about the local and national economic challenges many communities face. We are inventors, entrepreneurs, engineers, investors, researchers, and business leaders working in the technology sector.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #3, Jen Pahlka and Raylene Yung on creating the U.S. Digital Response

Startup Lessons Learned

They co-founded it with former U.S. Deputy Chief Technology Officers Cori Zarek and Ryan Panchadsaram to help all levels of government with COVID-19 response and delivery of services. Jen is the founder and former executive director of Code for America. 35:50) Building community on text messages and threads. (38:30)