Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove CTO Remove Technical Cofounder
article thumbnail

Innovation and Geography

SoCal CTO

skip to main | skip to sidebar SoCal CTO Tuesday, February 20, 2007 Innovation and Geography I ran across a post in Read/Write Web - Does Location Matter in Web Innovation? eHarmongy) as an acting CTO. My only other complaint is that right now its very hard to find good technical people at all levels.

article thumbnail

Los Angeles Startup Events

SoCal CTO

I realized that it has been a little while since I posted about the Los Angeles Startup Community and so needed to update my list of startup events that will be out of date almost before I finish publishing it. Of course, given the size of this list and having kids, I really can't attend a lot of these.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Venture Capital Funding and the Sexism You Can’t Quite Prove

Up and Running

“In a lot of the industries in which I ended up launching companies, there was a pre-existing profile of what a successful entrepreneur should look like—typically a young, white male with a technical, finance, or political background,” says Aguirre de Carcer. According to Fortune , in 2006, female founders were involved in only 2.95

article thumbnail

15 Female Entrepreneurs Share What Changes They Would Most Like to See in Their Industry

Hearpreneur

I am a session singer and producer, and I wish clients and peers would give me more of an opportunity to work in the technical side of the business (such as mixing and editing). Successful women in the investment community need to be on the lookout for them and support them by funding, giving access to resources or simple advising.

article thumbnail

Should You Share Equity with Consultants?

www.inc.com

Join our community. Technology | Thursdays. Advisor. ); STARTUP. We had a rough time early on," says Parker, president and chief technology officer of Roving Software Inc. , Chip Morse , cofounder and partner with Morse, Barnes-Brown & Pendleton P.C., ); Login or signup. Welcome | Logout. Newsletters.

article thumbnail

Social Media Matching

SoCal CTO

It was to fundamentally rewire people, communities, civil society, business, and the state — through thicker, stronger, more meaningful relationships. I would agree that the primary goal for most social networking sites today is to help produce deeper relationships and build new online communities.

article thumbnail

Top 30 Startup Posts in June 2010

SoCal CTO

Some great content around the intersection of startups and being a Startup CTO in June this year. This continues my series of posts: Top 29 Startup Posts May 2010 Startup CTO Top 30 Posts for April 16 Great Startup Posts from March There was some really great content in June. Now I have. It sounds like Angel Boot Camp rocked.

Cofounder 175