Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove DC Remove Government
article thumbnail

What would you want to tell Washington DC about startups?

Startup Lessons Learned

Lessons Learned by Eric Ries Tuesday, September 8, 2009 What would you want to tell Washington DC about startups? Im writing this post from an airplane headed to Washington DC, where Ill be presenting at the Government 2.0 Im especially curious to gauge the reaction of the civilian and military representatives of our government.

DC 90
article thumbnail

In Entrepreneurial Ecosystem, Cofounders Find YOU!

davetroy.com

Dave Troy: Fueled By Randomness Design, Entrepreneurship, Economics and Software home Twittervision Flickrvision About @davetroy ← Start By Taking Action A New Plan for Economic Development → In Entrepreneurial Ecosystem, Cofounders Find YOU! And I’ve promised to talk about what it takes to find cofounders.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The cardinal sin of community management

Startup Lessons Learned

Lessons Learned by Eric Ries Friday, September 11, 2009 The cardinal sin of community management Once you have a product launched, you will the face the joys – and the despair – of a community that grows up around it. This probably sounds illogical. After all, people rarely say they are mad because they are not being heard.

Community 158
article thumbnail

Visit to Case Foundation and Startup America

David Teten

On February 16, I visited Washington, DC, where I attended an HBS Club of DC lunch on the Case Foundation and Startup America. Michael Smith, leader of the Social Innovation team at the Case Foundation , introduced the Foundation as a non-profit started in 1997 by Steve Case (AOL co-founder) and his wife, Jean Case.

America 144
article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #12: Curative founder Fred Turner and Celine Halioua on diagnostic supply chains, scaling up testing, and partnering with government

Startup Lessons Learned

The story of how Curative pivoted and scaled is about moving with entrepreneurial speed to find a solution, then collaborating with investors and government for the public good. Celine Halioua , founder of a company called Celevity that is developing drugs to extend the lifespan of dogs, also played a key role. Celine Halioua : Yeah.

article thumbnail

The Right Way To Raise Future Entrepreneurs

YoungUpstarts

She started I Am That Girl, a massive online community for the women’s movement. He’s a cofounder of startup studio Expa. He cofounded Nantucket Nectars. He cofounded Method products. Margot Machol Bisnow is a writer, wife, and mom from Washington, DC. Alexis Jones loved story telling. He started Geek Squad.

article thumbnail

A real Customer Advisory Board

Startup Lessons Learned

They had their own private forum, and a company founder (aka me) personally ran the group in its early days. And, as you can see in my previous post on “ The cardinal sin of community management &# the feedback could be all over the map. Passionate online communities are real societies. Here’s what it looks like.