Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove Entrepreneur Remove SBIR
article thumbnail

Free money for your impact tech startup

David Teten

Now the bad news: some venture capitallists have a bias against startups with an explicit positive social impact, on the grounds that they have a smaller addressable market, and that the founders are not sufficiently focused on creating shareholder wealth. If you think I’ve missed any, please contact me. Aspen Tech Policy Hub. The J.M.K.

article thumbnail

100 Startups Join Forces with Air Force Stakeholders at Inaugural Spark Collider Event

Austin Startup

SBIR Phase I companies together with relevant Air Force and venture capital stakeholders. AFWERX, who works out of Capital Factory’s Center for Defense Innovation, serves as a channel through which entrepreneurs can access the necessary resources to make their ideas a reality within the U.S. What does SBIR Phase I mean, exactly?

SBIR 48
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Learn your Austin ABC’s and become a local super-connector

Austin Startup

the Connectors, Angels, Venture Capitalists, Founders, Professors, Hackers, Press… and the Legends. I used to meet a high profile entrepreneur or investor moving here every month and now it seems it’s one or two a week. Ben previously co-founded Simply Interactive, Chaotic Moon, and Conversable leading all of them to successful exits.

Austin 110
article thumbnail

Entrepreneurs are Everywhere Show No. 26: Javier Saade and Hillary Hartley

Steve Blank

The Small Business Administration and the digital services agency 18F are trying to help entrepreneurs build successful companies and the 21st century digital government. The guests on today’s Entrepreneurs are Everywhere radio show explained how they’re working to do that. Javier Saade. Joining me on the latest show were.

article thumbnail

What would you want to tell Washington DC about startups?

Startup Lessons Learned

As a result, sitting here on this plane, Ive been pondering what message I want to deliver on behalf of startups and entrepreneurs. So heres my simple question: What do folks in Washington need to know about the global community of entrepreneurs? So what are good entrepreneur-friendly policies?

DC 90