Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove Incubator Remove Singapore
article thumbnail

Memphis-based Start Co. To Present 16 Startups At Demo Day

YoungUpstarts

Memphis, Tennessee-based nonprofit venture development organization Start Co. teams were guided by Start Co. managing director Mara Lewis and founder & CEO Eric Mathews. ” Find out more about Start Co’s Demo Day here. . ” Find out more about Start Co’s Demo Day here. .

Memphis 170
article thumbnail

[Singapore][Event] Regional Startups Shine At JFDI-Innov8 2012 Bootcamp Demo Day

YoungUpstarts

Organized by technology startup accelerator Joyful Frog Digital Incubator – better known locally as JFDI Asia – the recent JFDI-Innov8 Bootcamp saw some 11 local and regional technology startups undergo a tough 100-day program that saw them attempt to turn a prospective idea into a potentially sustainable digital business.

Singapore 145
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How Universities Can Help Students and Alumni Work in the Tech Industry

David Teten

Along with some friends from Yale (my alma mater), I recently brainstormed some ideas to accelerate a university’s campus tech community. Marketing of tech community : Yale Tech News , Yale Entrepreneurship Magazine. Those unique assets are sometimes leverageable into a resource for strengthening the university’s tech community.

article thumbnail

Applying Lean Startup Beyond Silicon Valley

Startup Lessons Learned

Two years ago I moved to Beijing, where, as the founder of SoHelpful.me, I take calls from all over the world, talking entrepreneurship and innovation with people in 30-minute intervals. Impatient investors and team members give little support to a founder trying to do Customer Development to verify or modify that idea.

article thumbnail

Texas Startup Manifesto 2.0

Austin Startup

It seems like every day there is a new headline about an exceptional startup founder, investor, or corporate headquarters moving to Texas. Our community colleges are excellent as well, including the Alamo Colleges, Austin Community College, the Dallas College and the Lone Star Community College. Joe Lonsdale. Jim Breyer.

Texas 90
article thumbnail

Strategy Roundtable: Professional Investors Do Not Invest In $20 Million Markets

www.readwriteweb.com

Chak has been able to get a couple of distributors in Singapore to buy his greeting cards designed by a community of artists, but is struggling to find a steady, repeatable model. Bokér/1 Next David Sarna with Hendon, Stamford Hill & Co. presented Bokér/1 - perhaps the most compelling of todays presenters.

article thumbnail

Strategy Roundtable: Professional Investors Do Not Invest In $20 Million Markets

www.readwriteweb.com

Chak has been able to get a couple of distributors in Singapore to buy his greeting cards designed by a community of artists, but is struggling to find a steady, repeatable model. Bokér/1 Next David Sarna with Hendon, Stamford Hill & Co. presented Bokér/1 - perhaps the most compelling of todays presenters.