Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove Open Source Remove Software Engineering
article thumbnail

Finding a Technical Cofounder

bizthoughts.mikelee.org

BizThoughts Thoughts about business, technology, the web & entrepreneurship About Booklist Contact Nov 15 2011 Finding a Technical Cofounder By Mike Lee Categories: Entrepreneurship , Leadership Since I have a technical background, I get about one offer a month to join some engineering team, or to be a technical cofounder.

article thumbnail

May Business Angels Spread Their Wings Over Kenya?

Transformify

Despite Kenya has been named as the fasted growing payments market in Africa, there is still a lot to be done to develop the local business angel community. I met Innocent Moranga, the founder of the Founder Magazine , at a round table peer group at CEOWorld. All this inspired Innocent Moranga to found the Founder Magazine.

Kenya 45
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #13: Alpha Lee on remembering the 2003 SARS epidemic and his opensource COVID-19 Moonshot

Startup Lessons Learned

In January of this year, he arrived in the US with his co-founders as part of the winter 2020 YCombinator batch. When the shelter in place orders began, Alpha found himself living in a tiny Airbnb with his other co-founders, Having just arrived from the UK to do the start up program, YCombinator.

article thumbnail

How To Work Better with Your Co-Founder

ReadWriteStart

While open-source tools, readily available APIs, social platforms and cloud hosting providers have made it easier in many ways, being a Web entrepreneur is still not for the faint of heart. It's challenging to build, design and deploy software. It's also challenging to attract and retain a loyal community of customers and users.

Cofounder 121
article thumbnail

Flexible VCs With Structures Between Equity and Revenue-Based Investing

David Teten

(co-written with Jamie Finney, Founding Partner at Greater Colorado Venture Fund. His work on VC and small communities can be found at greatercolorado.vc/blog. This essay is part of a series on alternative VC: I: Revenue-Based Investing: a new option for founders who care about control.

Equity 78
article thumbnail

SXSW Startups: Horizon

Austin Startup

They’re pioneering a new dimension of gaming that belongs to its players and building a crypto video game arcade called Arcadeum, which is a community-driven platform for decentralized games where players enjoy the freedom of true digital ownership, open economies, provable fairness, privacy, and the ability to earn real-world value through play.

article thumbnail

Tech Diversity & Inclusion Allies at SXSW

Austin Startup

Brunner (@heatherjbrunner) | Twitter Preston James Co-founder & CEO DivInc Preston is at the center of everything Diversity & Inclusion in Austin. An early Human Rights Campaign board member and longtime Austin LGBTQ leader, Eugene co-chaired President Obama’s & the DNC’s LGBTQ Leadership Council.