Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove Reputation Remove Technical Cofounder
article thumbnail

Finding a Technical Cofounder

bizthoughts.mikelee.org

BizThoughts Thoughts about business, technology, the web & entrepreneurship About Booklist Contact Nov 15 2011 Finding a Technical Cofounder By Mike Lee Categories: Entrepreneurship , Leadership Since I have a technical background, I get about one offer a month to join some engineering team, or to be a technical cofounder.

article thumbnail

Why Entrepreneurs Should Be Generous With Investors

YoungUpstarts

by Alejandro Cremades , cofounder of Panthera Advisors and author of “ The Art of Startup Fundraising: Pitching Investors, Negotiating the Deal, and Everything Else Entrepreneurs Need to Know “ Why should entrepreneurs intentionally be generous when negotiating with investors? Your Reputation is on the Line.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Innovation and Geography

SoCal CTO

skip to main | skip to sidebar SoCal CTO Tuesday, February 20, 2007 Innovation and Geography I ran across a post in Read/Write Web - Does Location Matter in Web Innovation? eHarmongy) as an acting CTO. My only other complaint is that right now its very hard to find good technical people at all levels.

article thumbnail

Startup Grind Turns the Tables on Mark Suster

Both Sides of the Table

It was all technical. You know, the weird thing, Derek, and I should probably let you speak some time, but I was deeply technical when I went into Andersen consulting, and I got paid much less than engineers who graduated, because I had a degree in economics. Technical founder. And my specialty was computer networks.

Cofounder 337
article thumbnail

Why are Revenue-Based VCs investing in so many women & underrepresented founders?

David Teten

Many are reporting that they’re seeing a more diverse pool of applicants than traditional equity VCs… even though virtually none have a particular focus on women or underrepresented founders. For more background, see Revenue-Based Investing: A new option for founders who care about control.

Revenue 60
article thumbnail

The Biggest Business Fails of 2014 and How to Avoid Them

Up and Running

This is just the latest incident contributing to Walmart’s ongoing negative image as a company that drains the resources of surrounding communities by providing insufficient pay and driving out independent business. In fact, they’ve gained a reputation for their often-repeated offensive missteps.

article thumbnail

Editorial: We owe a duty of care to founder mental health and it requires a collaborative solution

NZ Entrepreneur

Sadness for the loss of a bright young New Zealander who had so much going for him, for the terrible loss for Jake’s mother and his whanau and friends, and for the loss of an up and coming innovator and entrepreneur to our business community. It also made me angry.