Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove San Diego Remove Startup
article thumbnail

Startup Grind Turns the Tables on Mark Suster

Both Sides of the Table

One of my favorite events last year was attending Startup Grind where I got to interview Clayton Christensen, author of The Innovator’s Dilemma. And of course we talked about many of my views of building startups. I did programming for the career center at UC San Diego, trying to build programs for the career center.

Cofounder 337
article thumbnail

10 Best Cities in the United States for Startups and Entrepreneurs (2018)

crowdSPRING Blog

startup ecosystem for many decades. Despite repeated efforts, only a few cities outside the Valley (New York and Boston) have historically had the critical mix of VC funding, network, and talent to fuel vibrant startup centers. Best startup city rankings have reflected this truth for a long time. Boulder, CO. Austin, TX.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

10 Companies Want To Show You The Money

YoungUpstarts

by Pabla Ayala, cofounder of pFunk Media Is your holiday gift-giving list becoming longer and pricier than your current wallet can handle? Paul, San Francisco, LA, San Diego, Seattle, Chicago, Boston, and Washington, DC. Here are 10 online platforms that want you to show you the money: 1. Task Rabbit.

article thumbnail

How Link in Bio became the new online real estate for the creator economy

VC Cafe

But underneath all that, there’s a seemingly simple infrastructure challenge that is has become a big opportunity for startups – the link in bio page. do they care about driving users to a personal website that doesn’t add to their community size or engagement? It all starts with identity. Enter Linktree.

San Diego 179
article thumbnail

How to Kick Start Your Community’s Startup Scene

Both Sides of the Table

I have never been more optimistic about the impact that the tech startup community is having on cities in America or about the role that cities outside of San Francisco / Silicon Valley can play in our future. Changes in the Startup Ecosystem. And then the world changed. But what is it we actually DO on the Internet?

article thumbnail

Entrepreneur Fills a Market Void by Building Female-Focused Co-Working Spaces

Hearpreneur

As the CEO of Hera Hub , the global co-working space, Felena recognized an opportunity to build a female-focused coworking space largely because she couldn’t find one that catered to her needs. The company now has additional communities Phoenix, AZ, Washington, DC, and Sweden, with several other cities in the works.

article thumbnail

After Raising $6.7M For Startups And Winning SEC Approval, AngelList Opens Up Investment Platform To More Companies

techcrunch.com

For Startups And Winning SEC Approval, AngelList Opens Up Investment Platform To More Companies. From 2004 to 2007, she helped lead Congresswoman Carloyn Maloney’s community outreach and relations efforts in New York City. And today, AngelList is opening the platform up to all startups with top-tier investors. Enterprise.

SEC 61