Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove Security Remove Southern California
article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #19: Revolution Foods co-founders on feeding kids and families, being parent-entrepreneurs, and scaling food security innovations

Startup Lessons Learned

They were providing low-cost healthy meals for schools across the country and, before the crisis, were delivering two million federally reimbursable school and community meals per week nationwide. Here's my conversation with the founders of Revolution Foods. I'm the co founder and Chief Impact Officer at Revolution Foods.

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Reveal Their Favorite Business or Entrepreneur Turnaround Story

Hearpreneur

Airbnb founders Brian Chesky and Joe Gebbia had difficulty securing funding, so they launched a mini project to build some funds and catch investors' attention. Using this capital , the founders launched and enjoyed exponential growth in their first year, with 10K users and thousands of listings. Photo Credit: Jack Underwood.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #20: the founders of Bitwise on the role of technology in empowering people, spreading benefits to underserved communities, and the creation of OnwardUS

Startup Lessons Learned

Our fundamental thesis is that people of color, women, communities of concentrated poverty, have immense talent to contribute to the technology industry," Jake explained to me. "In Jake Soberal and Irma Olguin are the founders of a company called Bitwise. Here's my conversation with the founders of Bitwise.

Fresno 60
article thumbnail

Trump Would Hurt Innovation (& I’m With Her)

Hunter Walker

Personally, I’m committing time and dollars for the next four months to campaign for Hillary but also speak with and learn more about the local and national economic challenges many communities face. Adrian Aoun, Founder/CEO, Forward. Greg Badros, Founder, Prepared Mind Innovations; Former Engineering VP, Facebook.

article thumbnail

Trump Would Hurt Innovation (& I’m With Her)

Hunter Walker

Personally, I’m committing time and dollars for the next four months to campaign for Hillary but also speak with and learn more about the local and national economic challenges many communities face. Adrian Aoun, Founder/CEO, Forward. Greg Badros, Founder, Prepared Mind Innovations; Former Engineering VP, Facebook.

article thumbnail

Launchpad LA – 10 Startup Companies to Watch

Both Sides of the Table

There were prominent founders of business like PriceGrabber, LowerMyBills and MyLife. It was a great chance for the class to interact with the community in LA. The team has experience in building startups (Doug Ludlow was formerly a founder in a TechStars company) and have all worked at local Los Angeles based startups.

article thumbnail

Silicon Beach emerges as a tech hotbed

www.usatoday.com

He has hired engineers from Loyola Marymount University , CalTech, University of Southern California and UCLA , he says. Our vision for the school is to support the local ecosystem and our community, so this is fabulous," he says. Give your passwords a security check-up. Privacy Notice/Your California Privacy Rights.