article thumbnail

Top 57 Online Startups Meets Technology Meets Product Posts for November 2010

SoCal CTO

aka: An Open Letter to the Next Big Social Network) - 500 Hats , November 1, 2010 I've held off writing this post for a long time, because I couldn't quite get my head around all the issues. The scene is the siren song of the innovation community. Call it facts for hire. How to Take Down Facebook -- Hint: It Ain't Twitter.

article thumbnail

15 Female Entrepreneurs Share What Changes They Would Most Like to See in Their Industry

Hearpreneur

The short answer was no and whilst many of the businesses present had a large technology component to their company, with custom developed software etc they could not present themselves as a tech company. It seems like everyone around us is constantly shopping, ordering and hiring services they find online or in town.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Lessons Learned: Why PHP won

Startup Lessons Learned

The number one reason I keep coming back to PHP is that it has overwhelming community support. Ive written elsewhere that success in creating a platform is "becoming a function not of the size and resources of the company that builds it, but of the size of the community that supports it." Lets start with some circular reasoning.

PHP 166
article thumbnail

StartupRoar - Great Content for Startups

SoCal CTO

This site aggregates and filters content from thought leaders who talk about topics such as Marketing , Sales , Design , Revenue , Hiring , Social Media , Business Models , Metrics , PR , Venture Capital , Angel Investors , Bootstrapping , Incubators , Agile and many others.

article thumbnail

The Ultimate Guide to Starting a Software Company

Up and Running

If you don’t yet have a team yet, list the roles you need to hire for. Also, make a bullet list of the marketing activities that will drive customers to your door. If you don’t yet have a team yet, list the roles you need to hire for. Noah Parsons says, “Start collecting contact information for interested, prospective customers.

article thumbnail

From Nothing To Something. How To Get There.

techcrunch.com

Inevitably, the excuses begin: I need to hire people to build the product. I don’t know any developers. If someone had been there and just told me “join a great founding team, focus on the product, and forget everything else,” I would have saved a lot of time and heartache. I need money for the servers. No phone system.