article thumbnail

Nuts & Bolts of Intellectual Property for New Startups

Gust

Copyright is the right to control reproduction and distribution of original works of authorship fixed in tangible forms of expression. This is often referred to in the creative community as a “ work-for-hire agreement.”. How does all of this translate into legal documents for the typical startup?

article thumbnail

The Ultimate Inventor’s Guide to Inventing Things

Up and Running

So, if I were going to invent something, I’d probably start by creating an affordable jeweler’s workbench, not least because I’d be able to test it, and because I already know all the distribution channels I’d need to hit in order to sell it. The non-disclosure agreement (NDA).

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

13 Helpful Organization and Productivity Apps For Small Businesses

crowdSPRING Blog

How to replicate their benefits for remote workers and distributed teams is a challenge many companies face. That year, it was voted the Best Desktop App that year by the community on Product Hunt, an influential site for new product launches. Go into almost any office and chances are you’ll see at least one whiteboard.

article thumbnail

How to Start Your Own Business While You’re Still Employed

Up and Running

How will you distribute your product? Make sure you are in compliance with your non-disclosure agreement and any other employment agreements that you have signed. Also check out sites like like Meetup , The Savvy Community (for women entrepreneurs), Nomad List , YEC , and so on. Do you have a product?

article thumbnail

Project Galleries: Public Vs. Private

crowdSPRING Blog

If the project has an NDA (non-disclosure agreement) the gallery is visible after the NDA is executed. Creatives can use the “Project stats” tool at the top of the gallery to decide if the buyer is active in the project (this tool show the total number of comments and the score distribution in the project).

article thumbnail

How to hire a programmer to make your ideas happen

sivers.org

In such a case youll have the right to use it, but not to decompile or distribute it and probably youll pay a license amount for it. Only thing Ill add: dont ask the programmer to sign a lengthy contract with non disclosure agreements, invention assignment, etc. You *can indeed* build products with distributed teams.