article thumbnail

Turning the microphone over

Startup Lessons Learned

This struggle pales in comparison to what the Black community is suffering through. We must educate ourselves on the systemic issues the Black community faces and has faced regularly. For those that don’t know, I live in downtown Oakland which has been one of the protest flashpoints. Black Lives Matter.

Oakland 83
article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #19: Revolution Foods co-founders on feeding kids and families, being parent-entrepreneurs, and scaling food security innovations

Startup Lessons Learned

They were providing low-cost healthy meals for schools across the country and, before the crisis, were delivering two million federally reimbursable school and community meals per week nationwide. And we've layered that with another crises of the exposure of continued racial injustice throughout our communities.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Entrepreneurial Density and Venture Capital

Feld Thoughts

Richard Florida continues to write amazing stuff about Startup Communities in The Atlantic Online. The Connection Between Venture Capital and Diverse, Dense Communities. ” This particular person doesn’t understand that Boulder and Denver are separate startup communities. High-Tech Challengers to Silicon Valley.

article thumbnail

The Evolution of Entrepreneurial Education and Corporate Innovation

Steve Blank

The other change is that universities, instead of being passive, have become active in building an entrepreneurial community. I want to make my community, country or world a better place, while solving some of the toughest problems.” Distribution channels, brand loyalty, etc.

Incubator 332
article thumbnail

How to Build a Startup Team

techcocktail.com

Tech Cocktail Connecting, educating and amplifying the startup technology community and having fun doing it since 2006. Make sure someone is thinking about overarching plans around PR, marketing and sales and spends time crafting the right messages, understanding audiences and figuring out distribution channels.