article thumbnail

Beta Testing At Spiceworks: A Surprising Place To Find Qualified Guinea Pigs

ReadWriteStart

Pertino CEO Craig Elliott turned to the Spiceworks.com community of more than 2.4 Elliott and many Pertino employees were already Spiceworks members, and they started with a 20-company private beta program that grew into “a community-exclusive public beta” involving 250 “Spiceheads.”. Speed Wins.

Guinea 60
article thumbnail

Twitter Link Roundup #153 – Small Business, Social Media, Design, Copywriting, Marketing And More

crowdSPRING Blog

6 Things That Can Kill Your City’s Startup Community | ReadWrite – [link]. Home goods merchant Wayfair is testing two TV ads: One from its agency and one made by employees – [link]. Have India’s poor become human guinea pigs? Usable yet Useless: Why Every Business Needs Product Discovery – [link].

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Reinventing the Office: How to Lose Fat and Increase Productivity at Work

David Teten

Our portfolio company BetterWorks cites a report by The World Economic Forum: “Employees are eight times more likely to be engaged when wellness is a priority in the workplace.” A pedometer is a great motivator and if all your employees are wearing them it sets up healthy competition.”

Product 166
article thumbnail

14 Entrepreneurs Describe The BHAGs (Big Hairy Audacious Goals) For Their Business?

Hearpreneur

We believe in collaborating with industry leaders, working with innovative companies and directly engaging with our community and audience to ensure we are building out valuable resources they can use daily to improve health & safety within their respective companies. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community.

article thumbnail

15 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

The suburbs offered cheaper rents and increased quality of life for the employees. of endlessly trying different brands of lashes and adhesive (which hurt my business profits) and unfortunately my clients were the Guinea pigs who were getting inconsistent results because of it (which hurt business profits even more!). I was tired.