article thumbnail

Terrorism Concerns Contributing to Higher Shipping Insurance Rates – Brian Ladin Explains

The Startup Magazine

On June 13, two oil tankers that were traveling in the Gulf of Oman, which connects the Arabian Sea and the Strait of Hormuz, underwent an attack that caused the vessels to burst into flames. Startups and entrepreneurs are particularly vulnerable as they struggle with launch costs. Recent Events. Although the U.S.

Oman 82
article thumbnail

Focus Hacks

Mike Michalowicz

I reached out to the entrepreneurial community to learn how they refocus on work after a distraction sets in. Thanks to Jessica Oman , Write Ahead. Working at home as a lot of entrepreneur’s do I find it most convenient to go to a mall and people watch. We are working away, and then that email chime goes off.

LLC 106
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How To Get Refocused On Work

Mike Michalowicz

I reached out to the entrepreneurial community to learn how they refocus on work after a distraction sets in. Thanks to Jessica Oman , Write Ahead. Working at home as a lot of entrepreneur’s do I find it most convenient to go to a mall and people watch. We are working away, and then that email chime goes off.

LLC 158
article thumbnail

Business Tips For Women Business Leaders

Mike Michalowicz

It has (and continues) to be my pleasure to see the absolute laser like focus that a woman can have in regards to being an entrepreneur. Community Building Solve Problems. Women are community builders and problem solvers. All entrepreneurs should realize their job in their company is their job. Bring sexy back!

Las Vegas 165
article thumbnail

Funding Advice – Interview with Richard Bearman, MD of Start Up Loans UK

The Startup Magazine

How Start Up Loans supports the small business community in the UK. Then explain a bit more how the programme supports the small business community in the UK? TSM: What are some of the characteristics of entrepreneurs that most help them to become successful? Tips for aspiring business owners. But it is not just about funding.

article thumbnail

The Most Effective Way To Win A Negotiation

Mike Michalowicz

I reached out to my community of experts (thank you MediaRoomVIP) and got their best tips. Thanks to Jessica Oman of Write Ahead. The master negotiator will start with the best case scenario and then negotiate a solution that is both better for them and the other side. More Than Just My Opinion. Quick Negotiation Tip. A gift bag?

LLC 164