article thumbnail

Female Founder Interview – Claudia Freed, CEO of Non-Profit EALgreen

The Startup Magazine

TSM: What is one piece of advice you can offer other entrepreneurs that want to follow a nonprofit path, on how they can be successful? Freed is a global thinker and living proof that purpose-driven businesses transform lives. Let’s see what she shared with us about her inspiring journey… TSM: Hello Claudia.

Founder 155
article thumbnail

Lies Entrepreneurs Tell Themselves « Steve Blank

Steve Blank

Lies Entrepreneurs Tell Themselves Part of my problem was that my reality distortion field encompassed my relationships. While she stuck it out for seven years, she had no connection to the passion and excitement that was driving me; all she saw was a tired and stressed entrepreneur when I got home. The Adventure of a Lifetime.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

To Better Understand Innovation, Measure The Right Things

YoungUpstarts

by Kaihan Krippendorff, author of “ Driving Innovation from Within: A Guide for Internal Entrepreneurs “ After four years of research into innovation success, I have come to firmly believe that most innovation research is measuring the wrong thing… or at least is overlooking a critical unit of measure: the employee. Entrepreneurs.

article thumbnail

Austinites represent at SXSW 2018

Austin Startup

Heather Brunner, Tim Ferriss, Mayor Adler, Whitney Wolfe, Kendra Scott, Andy Roddick, Rod Favaron, Bijoy, whurley… Here are some of the Austin startup community members that will be on stage who you should show up to support! Successful businesses that give back to the community, and it’s all on brand. Time: 12:30PM?—?1:30PM

article thumbnail

The Magic of the Irish – Dublin’s Resurgence on the Global Tech Scene

Both Sides of the Table

We heard first-hand just how close it was that Facebook had considered locating its headquarters in Switzerland and how the Irish rallied and now host more than 400 jobs locally and growing. He is quintessentially “politely persistent,” which I often describe as one of the most important attributes of an entrepreneur.

Ireland 392
article thumbnail

LinkedIn: The Series A Fundraising Story ? AGILEVC

Agile VC

I also joke with Reid Hoffman that this was back in the days before he was “Reid” Reid’s an incredible entrepreneur, startup investor, and human being. We’re a how-to site and community for small business on marketing. . Thanks from switzerland, Nice story! conference happened at the end of 2004).

article thumbnail

Entrepreneurs gather in Eden for the first Summit Outside

The Next Web

As entrepreneurs do, the Summit team members are building a permanent community that didn’t exist before, a home they’re proud to live in, and one they can call their own. We hope Summit Eden will become a community built around a shared ethos that emphasizes collaboration as tool to drive positive, multidisciplinary output.”.

Utah 146