article thumbnail

How to Raise Money When You’re Not in a Major VC Market

Both Sides of the Table

And I am often approached by entrepreneurs in cities which don’t have a vibrant VC community. They often ask whether they have to move to SF, NY or LA to get financed. Where do you want to build your community, your relationships, your family?” I’ll pick a mythical company in Kansas City.

article thumbnail

25 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

I focused on what it is I do, I want to be approachable to the community and also I thought it important to express an idea of ‘moving with the times’, being fresh, consistent with modern practices and the such. I started Walletero as an independent personal finance site offering free tools and resources. The Fabulize Shop!

Naming 104
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How to Do Keyword Research for Content that Generates Leads

Duct Tape Marketing

The person who searches for “home remodeling ideas” is probably looking for something different than the person who searches for “best home remodeler in Kansas City,” right? The other is about financing; people often search about loans or government incentives associated with remodeling. Create Hub Pages.

article thumbnail

How to Kick Start Your Community’s Startup Scene

Both Sides of the Table

I have never been more optimistic about the impact that the tech startup community is having on cities in America or about the role that cities outside of San Francisco / Silicon Valley can play in our future. Or the growth of Dwolla in Iowa or C2FO being built in Kansas City? What Does a City Need to Compete?

article thumbnail

24 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

After getting laid off from a job back in 2008, I decided I would put all my passions together and become a personal finance journalist. When I released this information into the community my life became in danger. Not only about art, but also about running a business, managing finances, and interacting with clients.