article thumbnail

25 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

When I first incorporated my company back in 2009, the lawyers I had contracted with to trademark the company name and logo desperately tried to convince me to change the name. When I retired from my high-tech corporate job of 21 years, I knew I wanted to run a consulting business, but I wasn’t sure which services I wanted to provide.

Naming 103
article thumbnail

Which language should my startup use?

www.reincubate.com

Theyre not entirely without use or benefit, but like Lisp, Flash or Silverlight, theyre often not the best choice. Theres nothing inherently wrong with Flash or Silverlight, but most often their use should be considered only for incremental interface enhancements to a system built on an establish web framework. framework was built.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Twitter Link Roundup #110 – Small Business, Social Media, Design, Copywriting, Marketing And More

crowdSPRING Blog

Legal Contracts for Software Developers Who Hate Contracts (w/free contract template tco use today) – [link]. Legal Contracts for Graphic Designers Who Hate Contracts (w/free contract template to use today) – [link]. Pandora CTO Reveals Half of The U.S. Pays $0 For Music – [link].

article thumbnail

Lara Galloway’s Time Management Tips and Productivity Hacks [VIDEO]

Up and Running

Thanks so much for having me and letting me be a part of the Bplans community. Your smartwatch is always buzzing and flashing. They don’t bill as much as I do, and they do the work in a fraction of time. I have a client who does business consulting. At this point, I’d like to say welcome, Lara.

article thumbnail

Essential Startup Funding Tips from 8 Seasoned Investors

mashable.com

And for those in the coveted in-crowd, Silicon Valley, San Francisco and the greater tech community become a world of opportunity where you’re only limited by the quality of your idea and the caliber of your friends. Flash vs. HTML5: The "Pong" Version 37Signals Creates iPad-Only Web App An Open Source, HTML5 Framework for i.

article thumbnail

CEO Friday: Why we don’t hire.NET programmers

blog.expensify.com

Do a curl (or your.NET equivalent) on each domain, and see how many are running a Windows server: I think you’ll find the fraction very small. But I’ve seen some recent comments that this post might have upset and offended the SMB community that we serve, and that I cannot abide. For that, I’m truly sorry.

Java 107
article thumbnail

How to hire a programmer to make your ideas happen

sivers.org

I also know someone else who consulted me about his website idea. Well as a programmer of many websites I find that it is easier for my clients to consult my ideas first. I do consult people, however I am not looking for work right now. Please keep going that way, because we are honestly impressed ! THANK YOU!!!