article thumbnail

Choosing a Programming Language and Framework for Your Startup

SoCal CTO

We had an interesting presentation at the LA CTO Forum by the CTO of a startup who chose Groovy / Grails as the framework for their startup. t prompted a good discussion around how CTOs go about choosing the programming language and framework for their startup. Of course, I'm not sure that anyone chooses Java alone.

Framework 330
article thumbnail

FinTech Innovation Lab Launch Event – June 2, 2011

David Teten

It attracted a very high quality crowd of senior executives from major investment banks and members of the innovation community — two groups that don’t normally mingle. My rough notes follow: Mike Dubno , CIO, Global Markets and Research Technology & Operations, Bank of America. Previously CTO, Goldman Sachs.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Which language should my startup use?

www.reincubate.com

Share this: net c# development django java language php software Were often asked by entrepreneurs which language their startups should adopt when developing their technology. These are Java (from Sun),NET (from Microsoft), and three Open Source options: PHP, Python and Ruby. Java stands alone from the four others.

article thumbnail

CEO Friday: Why we don’t hire.NET programmers

blog.expensify.com

Do a curl (or your.NET equivalent) on each domain, and see how many are running a Windows server: I think you’ll find the fraction very small. As one of the coherent commentators says below, Joel Spolsky himself laments schools teaching Java with the same basic reasoning of my article above, albeit more diplomatically stated.) .NET

Java 107
article thumbnail

Lessons Learned: Why PHP won

Startup Lessons Learned

The number one reason I keep coming back to PHP is that it has overwhelming community support. Ive written elsewhere that success in creating a platform is "becoming a function not of the size and resources of the company that builds it, but of the size of the community that supports it." Lets start with some circular reasoning.

PHP 166
article thumbnail

How to hire a programmer to make your ideas happen

sivers.org

I also know someone else who consulted me about his website idea. Well as a programmer of many websites I find that it is easier for my clients to consult my ideas first. I do consult people, however I am not looking for work right now. Dont go C or Java, python is good for prototyping and easier to learn. THANK YOU!!!