article thumbnail

Framework Benchmarks

TechEmpower

About What we do Portfolio People Blog Contact. Netty , Vert.x , and Java servlets are fast, but we were surprised how much faster they are than Ruby , Django , and friends. In third place is plain Java Servlets running on Cauchos Resin Servlet container. You are viewing a single entry. March 28, 2013. Framework Benchmarks.

Framework 560
article thumbnail

boldstart in 2017, enterprise tech in 2018

BeyondVC

6 portfolio companies raised Series A financings including Manifold , Hypr , and 4 unannounced, 1 raised a Series B (unannounced), and Security Scorecard raised a $28mm Series C. Expect this trend to continue and what this means is that CIOs will take a portfolio approach, make some bets, and double down on their winners.

Cloud 60
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Google Engineer: How We Interview, How I’d Beat Us for Talent, & How Non-Technical Founders Should Approach Devs

View from Seed

Portfolio companies can contact us to learn more.) One example I’ve seen is when someone executes an exercise in code and they forget a basic function of a list in Java, for instance, which is something you should remember as essential. This interview covers a wide range of topics also covered in our workshops.

article thumbnail

FinTech Innovation Lab Launch Event – June 2, 2011

David Teten

It attracted a very high quality crowd of senior executives from major investment banks and members of the innovation community — two groups that don’t normally mingle. Andy Brown , Chief Technology Officer, UBS Tim Lyons, Senior Vice President, Technology Innovation Portfolio, Bank of America. Formerly MS IT department.

article thumbnail

Special: 72 Israeli Companies Exhibit at the 2010 Mobile World Congress

VC Cafe

Runcell/Ixi Mobile – Client server solution, with centralized NOC providing connectivity to multiple communities and email providers using various protocols. Clients consists of IXI’s own dedicated Ogo mobile devices running with proprietary Connect-OS, as well as clients for generic handsets running Java, Symbian and Windows mobile.

Mobile 109
article thumbnail

Wireless and the lowest common denominator

BeyondVC

If any of you have developed apps in the wireless world, that is not exactly how it works as even apps built on the Java Micro Edition Platform need to be tweaked for different devices and different networks. All of this reminds me of an email that Michael Robertson (CEO of portfolio company Sipphone/ Gizmo Project ) just sent me.

SMS 60
article thumbnail

Startup Resources

www.vccafe.com

Ning Communities. t have time to learn iOS or Java during the weekend. Aptana Cloud (svn, IDE, php, java, rails etc…). On-line Communities. The Funded : TheFunded.com is an online community of entrepreneurs to research, rate, and review funding sources worldwide. Google Groups. Forms/Surveys. Google Forms.