article thumbnail

The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Boston Tech Community (Fall 2013 Edition)

Rob Go

There is a wealth of resources that are unique to this town and a vibrant community of hackers, product designers, business people, and investors at various stages in their career. Mobile Mondays : Boston chapter of the world’s largest Mobile professional community. Extension Engine - Software engineering and design.

Boston 71
article thumbnail

NEXT by Startup Weekend in Boulder

Feld Thoughts

NEXT by Startup Weekend is a wonderful next step for entrepreneurs looking for feedback on their idea or early business, while heavily leveraging the Lean methodology. Below are the words of Ken Hoff, an up-and-coming leader in the Boulder startup community. Ken can be found at @ken_hoff or thekenhoff@gmail.com. for more information.

Startup 130
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #20: the founders of Bitwise on the role of technology in empowering people, spreading benefits to underserved communities, and the creation of OnwardUS

Startup Lessons Learned

Our fundamental thesis is that people of color, women, communities of concentrated poverty, have immense talent to contribute to the technology industry," Jake explained to me. "In It just so happens that my disposition will always lean toward the health of human beings, it is part of who I am. We can be deliberate about these things.

Fresno 60
article thumbnail

Technology, Innovation, and Modern War – Class 7 – Jack Shanahan

Steve Blank

Lean, MVPs and the DOD. In commercial tech you call that an integrated product team, It’s acquisition with software engineering with UI/UX. Demanding customers provide ruthlessly candid feedback, which was never a problem with the Special Operations community. Project Maven became the basis for what we did in the JAIC.

article thumbnail

Crowdsourcing: a 7+7 Primer (Pt. 1)

crowdSPRING Blog

We write often about small businesses and startups and lean approaches to marketing and other business functions. It takes time and commitment to build a community of skilled workers in any domain, as well as more time and money to build the underlying technology, infrastructure, policies and protections necessary to the process.

article thumbnail

How to launch a startup without knowing a line of code

The Next Web

Whether that means chasing down a technical co-founder, learning to code, or even building that “Lean MVP” – the conventional wisdom is that without tech abilities you’re nothing more than a dude (or dudette) with a Powerpoint. Build a support knowledge base and community forum with Zendesk , Uservoice , or GetSatisfaction.

article thumbnail

Labor Day! Let’s Celebrate the Workers

crowdSPRING Blog

John (Shuo) Yang is our Senior Software engineer and one of the smartest people I have ever met. Adriano Marques is our wonderful Brazilian Software Engineer, recently immigrated to the US. Diogenes Herminio works for us as a Software Engineer, but does it from his home in Brazil. Thanks, guys!

Bosnia 67