article thumbnail

Launching a Portfolio Acceleration Platform at a Venture Capital or Private Equity Fund

David Teten

VC Platform community has grown approximately 120% in the last 3 years. Several VCs market close relationships with celebrities who can use their social media presence to promote their companies. John Maeda, formerly Design Partner, KPCB; formerly President of Rhode Island School of Design. Celebrity Relationships.

article thumbnail

Top Social Media Measurement and Tracking Tools

www.foliomag.com

); E-Mail Alert Sign-Up. --> Subscribe Now. --> Media Kit. --> About FOLIO. MediaPRO Community. B2B: Business Media. Consumer Media. E-Media Summit -->. Top Social Media Measurement and Tracking Tools. Erin Hoskins, Senior Marketing Director, New Media, Meredit h. SEARCH FOLIO: Search. Careers Home.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail

online.wsj.com

Media & Marketing. Media Agencies. Rhode Island. Rhode Island. Journal Community. Journal Community. A community of WSJ readers interested in franchising news, trends and issues. Journal Community. Answers allows you to tap the knowledge of Community members. Management.

article thumbnail

26 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Name

Hearpreneur

I wasn’t trendy or frilly, but I was good at my job — pitching stories to the media — so they tolerated my lack of fancy. And really in PR, the best media coverage starts with the basic pitch. When I launched my social media consultancy in 2010, I knew I wanted to incorporate my name. Why NRGized Media?

Naming 101
article thumbnail

Small Business Spotlight of the Week: YANA

crowdSPRING Blog

The first is the Rhode Island Economic Development Corporation. Tags: Awesomeness Interviews Strategy business community crowdsourcing design inspiration social media start-up tips crowdspring small biz spotlight yana you are not alone. There are so many resources out there that are fantastic, but I have to name two.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #7, Brian Chesky Part 1: running Airbnb in crisis mode, being multi-stakeholder, and re-founding the company

Startup Lessons Learned

I've known Brian Chesky, Co-Founder, CEO and Head of Community at Airbnb for a long time. Brian Chesky : I am Brian Chesky, co-founder, CEO, and head of community at Airbnb. I went to Rhode Island School of Design. Well the same could be viewed as a community, a marketplace, social media company, anything.

article thumbnail

12 Questions: Meet Pamela Harvey (USA)

crowdSPRING Blog

In our 12 Questions blog series, we feature interviews with someone from the crowdSPRING community. For these interviews, we pick people who add value to our community – in the blog, in the forums, in the projects. Plainly – activities that make crowdSPRING a better community. Pam lives and works in Bristol, Rhode Island.