article thumbnail

A Quality Benchmark for Accelerators: The Global Accelerator Network

Feld Thoughts

When David Cohen and I came up with the idea for the Global Accelerator Network (GAN) in 2010, we counted roughly 100 accelerator programs around the US that were founded following the Techstars model. From that initial outreach, 16 high quality accelerator programs joined us to launch the network. Others are not.

Global 179
article thumbnail

Instead of sticking a fork in the venture market, realize. there is no fork

This is going to be BIG.

How else can you explain this headline matching a story about a professional social network still trying to explore revenues raising $17mm on an $80mm valuation? International and non-Valley startup communities are developing at a rapid pace. Perhaps I need to rethink that.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Top 3 Financial Perks of Launching a Startup Company During College

The Startup Magazine

In return, you may be able to get your hands on some seed money for your college startup. Alternatively, there are organizations for student entrepreneurs for networking and startup cash injections. A college is an exciting place to network with like-minded peers and professors. These include: Young Entrepreneur Council.

article thumbnail

Startup Business Investments Around The World

YoungUpstarts

Angel Networks. Angel investors provide everything that startups need — from funding, mentorship, professional advice, and access to investors in their network. You can search for angel networks by area and platform type. Professional Social Networking Sites. Some notable startup platforms include startups.co

article thumbnail

A conversation with Scott Kupor of Andreessen Horowitz, author and speaker at Lean Startup Conference 2019

Startup Lessons Learned

They’re looking for guidance on building the company, the ability to tap into a VC’s network, and help with potential business opportunities. First, the introduction of seed money as an institutional form of capital. You've seen how venture capital works from both sides--as an entrepreneur and a venture capitalist.

Lean 108
article thumbnail

The Series A crunch is hitting now. Have we even noticed?

pandodaily.com

The numbers I’ve heard from most everyone is that only about 20 percent of companies that have gotten a seed round in the last year will be able to raise a Series A. I recently went to a networking event for one of the seed funds that invested in PandoDaily, and I’ve never seen such worry on the faces of the entrepreneurs.

article thumbnail

11 Entrepreneurs Explain Their Major Accomplishments in 2018

Hearpreneur

It’s been a great year to serve our consumers and our community. Aside from that, I have to say that my best accomplishment this year is getting more involved in both the local tech community and communities abroad. But we soon realised we could make an outsized difference to our local community in lots of interesting ways.