article thumbnail

“It’s okay to take profits and not hodl forever.” Does this make Alex Taub a web3 contrarian or just reasonable?

Hunter Walker

When I befriended Alex Taub in 2013 he lived in New York City, didn’t have children, and certainly did not yet have thousands of dollars invested in virtual race horses. Before becoming a founder, I worked at Aviary for two years and then Dwolla for two years (the latter with my future cofounder Michael Schonfeld ).

Miami 81
article thumbnail

Guide to Finding a Technical Co-Founder | Vinicius Vacanti

viniciusvacanti.com

Home About Contact Me How To Make It as a First-Time Entrepreneur Vinicius Vacanti Guide to Finding a Technical Co-Founder September 7, 2010 | View Comments Steve Job's Technical Co-Founder “I’ve got this HUGE idea. I just need to find a technical co-founder.&# I was in this situation and we barely escaped.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Flexible VC, a New Model for Companies Targeting Profitability

David Teten

His work on VC and small communities can be found at greatercolorado.vc/blog. Our categorization is not a technical one. This structure allows for alignment on the front end, and real-time flexibility for performance metrics,” says Samira Salman , a family office investor and advisor. . Lower level of community familiarity.

article thumbnail

How to Scale a Venture Capital (or Private Equity) Fund

David Teten

. – Encourage founders to turn to other founders and their broader community as resources, not just the VC’s own staff. – Build out low-cost force multipliers such as scouts , Advisors, Entrepreneurs in Residence, Venture Partners, and so on. Manhattan, New York City, in 1911. Photo credit: Wikipedia).

article thumbnail

Tech Diversity & Inclusion Allies at SXSW

Austin Startup

Pierce Burnette knows the meaning of “humble beginnings” and has combined her intelligence quotient (IQ), emotional intelligence (EQ), entrepreneurial spirit, and technical knowledge to forge successful careers in engineering, information technology, and education. She is committed to improving representation in Austin’s technology landscape.

article thumbnail

3 Secrets For Hiring On Wall Street Versus Silicon Valley

YoungUpstarts

This is why many of the best West Coast sales reps focus on establishing a presence in the community and becoming trusted advisors to their clients. They need to educate the candidate about the opportunity, frame the conversation around their career, and, in the candidate’s eyes, become a trusted advisor.