article thumbnail

Nuts & Bolts of Intellectual Property for New Startups

Gust

It’s possible to have a company with literally millions of customers (users) that employs only a handful of people, working in a small rented office, with hardware and software costing in the tens of thousands rather than millions of dollars. One common mistake is to equate “IP” with “code” or other technical contributions.

article thumbnail

The Ultimate Inventor’s Guide to Inventing Things

Up and Running

To find out what people are complaining about, read forums, turn to your social media accounts, and read reviews. If you want to explain your idea to someone in-depth and are worried potential theft, you can get them to sign a non-disclosure agreement (NDA)—a legal document that states both parties intent to keep information confidential.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How To Find A Technical Cofounder For Your Online Business Idea

www.virtuosimedia.com

Community Resources. Benjamin Kuker May 17, 2011 Tweet I have a feeling I might step on a few toes with this article, but finding a technical cofounder for an online business idea is a topic that I’ve seen come up often across a number of business community websites. Our Newsletters Contact Us. About Virtuosi Media. Our Services.

article thumbnail

13 Helpful Organization and Productivity Apps For Small Businesses

crowdSPRING Blog

That year, it was voted the Best Desktop App that year by the community on Product Hunt, an influential site for new product launches. You can also attach files to a list item, set a due date, or tag it with a co-worker’s name for their attention. One of the best is Notion. It’s easy to see why.

article thumbnail

How to hire a programmer to make your ideas happen

sivers.org

They log in to translate the documents, one at a time, marking each finished when done, which sends the file back to the company for review.” From this, the programmer will look for nouns and verbs, so start to think in those terms to help you communicate better. (A Decline bids from providers without many great reviews.