article thumbnail

VCs eating our own dog food: Using technology and analytics to make better investments

David Teten

Private equity and venture capital investors are copying our sisters in the hedge fund world: we’re trying to automate more of our job. . To learn more about this space, I suggest join an online community I co-founded, PEVCTech. . Fund/SPV management services specifically are provided by Assure Services and Proteus Capital.

article thumbnail

Should You Share Equity with Consultants?

www.inc.com

Join our community. For example, Morse notes that neither C corporations nor venture capital funds structured as partnerships can, by law, be S corporation shareholders. Create an options pool, if nothing more than in your mind, so you have some parameters to work within," Durkin says. ); Login or signup.

article thumbnail

ProfessorVC: Touched by an Angel

Professor VC

I think the title of this post is a TV show, but fitting as there has been much debate in the venture community as to the whether angel investors are good or bad for entrepreneurs and VCs. At a $1 million, pre-money, with an investment of $500K, that would leave 67% of the company for the founders and initial option pool.