article thumbnail

Skills Development in Africa: How Wide is the Skills Gap?

Transformify

Kenya and Nigeria are of a particular interest for the employers in the UK due to the high percentage of English speakers who have received bachelor’s degree or higher. 20 % of the project managers are familiar with Scrum, but there are very few product managers – less than 1% of all. Scrum, Agile, Product Management.

Africa 75
article thumbnail

How To Work Better with Your Co-Founder

ReadWriteStart

It's challenging to build, design and deploy software. It's also challenging to attract and retain a loyal community of customers and users. Almost every software engineer I've ever worked with is irrational in how fast they believe they can build software. Use Solid Agile Process for Estimating Development Timeline.

Cofounder 121
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Create a “Content Playground” that’s Fun for Buyers (and Lucrative for You)

ConversionXL

For example, the Jira Software team created a microsite dedicated to product-agnostic education about becoming an agile team. For example, Kanban and Scrum are two popular agile project management rituals. Look at communities where your audience spends time. For example, developers spend time and engage on Reddit and HackerNews.

Agile 139
article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #4: Carl Liebert, crisis veteran and radical optimist

Startup Lessons Learned

They were 90 minute, I'll call it, sprints and the team started scrumming really as soon as we got back on Saturday night. And what I think we, as leaders, owe to our teams and to our customers and really to our communities and our families, by the way, is this idea that the common enemy we're fighting against is fear and panic.

article thumbnail

Behind Every Great Product

SVPG

If you think the product manager job is what’s described in a Certified Scrum Product Owner class, you almost certainly fall into this category. Their code base had diverged and it was extremely slow and costly for Microsoft to be implementing Word separately for each platform: Windows, DOS and Mac. In 1993, Word 6.0

Product 60
article thumbnail

Episode 3: Smart Bear Live!

A Smart Bear: Startups and Marketing for Geeks

I feel like the bar has been raised so much in the last five years in the start up community and I’ve been busy working for a distinctly non-start up company. The other thing to say about that is, and Jason may disagree and Pat may disagree, but I don’t think software today has to be morally neutral. Well I appreciate that.

Cofounder 208
article thumbnail

How to hire a programmer to make your ideas happen

sivers.org

They log in to translate the documents, one at a time, marking each finished when done, which sends the file back to the company for review.” From this, the programmer will look for nouns and verbs, so start to think in those terms to help you communicate better. (A Decline bids from providers without many great reviews.