Remove .Net Remove Community Remove Continuous Deployment Remove Programming
article thumbnail

A real Customer Advisory Board

Startup Lessons Learned

In previous posts, I’ve mentioned quite a few of these, including these most important ones: having engineers post on the forums in their own name when they make a change routinely split-testing new changes routinely conducting in-person usability tests and interviews Net Promoter Score Each of these techniques is fundamentally bottoms-up.

article thumbnail

Lessons Learned: Product development leverage

Startup Lessons Learned

The net result was powerful: within six months of starting the company, we were able to get a basic version of our product into open beta. Although customers didnt flock to this offering at first, we had enough of a developer program active to start recruiting early adopters to start creating 3D objects for sale in our catalog.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Lo, my 1032 subscribers, who are you?

Startup Lessons Learned

I would recommend periodic surveys, along with some kind of forum or other community tool where the most passionate customers can congregate. Im Community Manager at VenCorps, co-host of commandN. Case Study: Continuous deployment makes releases n. Either way, Ive been a happy subscriber ever since.

article thumbnail

Lessons Learned: Net Promoter Score: an operational tool to.

Startup Lessons Learned

Lessons Learned by Eric Ries Saturday, November 22, 2008 Net Promoter Score: an operational tool to measure customer satisfaction Ive mentioned Net Promoter Score (NPS) in a few previous posts, but havent had a chance to describe it in detail yet. Net Promoter Score NPS is a methodology that comes out of the service industry.

.Net 158
article thumbnail

Lessons Learned: Why PHP won

Startup Lessons Learned

Lessons Learned by Eric Ries Monday, January 12, 2009 Why PHP won When I first learned to program on the web, Perl + CGI was the dominant platform. The number one reason I keep coming back to PHP is that it has overwhelming community support. But that just begs the question: why does PHP have the most thriving community?

PHP 166
article thumbnail

Learning from Obama: maneuver warfare on the campaign trail

Startup Lessons Learned

We were building a community, open to anyone who shared its values, and that mission inspired volunteers and staff to try and reach out to as many people as possible. Case Study: Continuous deployment makes releases n. It would have been pretty easy for the volunteers and supporters to slow down, confident in victory.