Remove 1994 Remove Community Remove Internet Remove Venture Capital
article thumbnail

Brad Feld Drops Knowledge. Here’s What He Said …

Both Sides of the Table

Yeah, that was when I changed for me…” “…there was so much positive feedback on demystifying this one element of venture capital. A deep dive into the Foundry Group investment philosophy including an interesting discussion of their investing Themes. “… our lens is: Internet Software Companies anywhere in the U.S. was starting.

article thumbnail

Startup Communities: Creating A Great Entrepreneurial Ecosystem In Your City

Feld Thoughts

For now, the title is “ Startup Communities: Creating A Great Entrepreneurial Ecosystem In Your City.” If you are a leader in your entrepreneurial community and have something you want to add , email me 500 – 1000 words. The Boulder Entrepreneurial Community. Before the Internet (1970 to 1994).

Community 142
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Entrepreneurs and #RubyRiot In Boston

Feld Thoughts

Periodically the meme surfaces that “the only place you can create a great software / Internet company is in the bay area.&# While I think the bay area is a special place, anyone that knows me knows that I strongly believe there are several great entrepreneurial communities throughout the US and the potential for many more.

Boston 138
article thumbnail

10+ Trends: Recap of 2011 and What’s Next…

thebarefootvc

This was the year that the promise of technology to truly change the world and empower individuals (the reason I entered the tech world in 1994) reached global scale. This race for global market share also requires investors and board members that are globally savvy (and multicultural) in order to capitalize on these opportunities.

article thumbnail

How Investors Are Increasing Their Returns Through Collaboration and Technology

David Teten

Mr. Lindzon has more than 20 years experience in the financial community acting in both an entrepreneurial and investing capacity. Mr. Lindzon’s new media and internet business investments also include: Limos.com, Blogtalkradio.com, Buddy Media, Ticketfly, Assistly, Bit.ly and Tweetdeck (purchased by Twitter in June 2011).

article thumbnail

Irene brings rain, flooding and end of news as we know it [#irene]

This is going to be BIG.

On June 17, 1994, the whole country was interrupted by broadcast news—us New Yorkers were watching Patrick Ewing and the Knicks in the NBA Finals. ” The real news—the information I needed, cared about, and found relevant—as it turned out, was on the internet. I kept thinking, “Where is the actual news?”

Libya 150