Remove 1995 Remove Community Remove Government Remove Networking
article thumbnail

Public Hospital Modern Woes – Aging Infrastructure, Unions, Pensions, High Regulation. 

The Startup Magazine

This article will focus on the impact of hospitals in that equation, specifically those public health system owned and controlled by local Governments. [2]. Further into their lifecycle, though, they found themselves beholden to certain financial and governance handicaps. Hospital System Roots. Photo by Daan Stevens on Unsplash.

article thumbnail

Tools and Resources to Help You Write Your Business Plan

Up and Running

This site started in 1995 and has been growing ever since, with a lot of pruning and paring to keep it fresh and relevant. you can turn to a network of more than 1,000 nonprofit Small Business Development Centers spread across the country. These are publicly funded by a combination of state, federal, and community education agencies.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Tools and Resources to Help You Write Your Business Plan

Up and Running

This site started in 1995 and has been growing ever since, with a lot of pruning and paring to keep it fresh and relevant. you can turn to a network of more than 1,000 nonprofit Small Business Development Centers spread across the country. These are publicly funded by a combination of state, federal, and community education agencies.

article thumbnail

The Magic of the Irish – Dublin’s Resurgence on the Global Tech Scene

Both Sides of the Table

Between 1995-2002 I visited often – especially since I founded my first company there. It was the best 5 days of networking I spent last year. But for all of the speakers Paddy brought over he also organized private events for us to network amongst ourselves. Scenes from my counter-top on my last night in Dublin.

Ireland 392
article thumbnail

The Rise of the Lean VC – Consumer Internet Gets Its Own Investors

Steve Blank

The fact that serious money could be made in companies investing in life sciences wasn’t lost on the venture community. One could argue that there’s nothing new here, as Internet distibution models started in 1995. Their strategies for their startups differ – some focus on revenue, others build large networks of users.

Lean 262
article thumbnail

In Silicon Valley, Founders Fight for Control

online.wsj.com

Create a profile for me in the Journal Community. Journal Community. Netscape and Opsware, which he helped found, went public with single-class share structures in 1995 and 2001, respectively. Distribution and use of this material are governed by our Subscriber Agreement and by copyright law. Journal Community.

article thumbnail

Howard Charney on Cisco, Growth, and Cloud Computing

Austin Startup

Five years ago, almost no one was talking about cloud – but today it is increasingly strategic for a broad range of industries, for academia, for governments. That’s how I joined the company – when Cisco acquired Grand Junction Networks back in 1995. The “Cloud” is an example of how quickly this industry evolves.

Cloud 74