Remove 1998 Remove Community Remove Engineer Remove Viral
article thumbnail

ProductionHUB Helps You Search For Media Production Professionals

YoungUpstarts

Florida-based ProductionHUB is a search engine for media and entertainment serving film, television, video, live event and digital media production. Searching through pages of crew and production services on another site used to be incredibly time consuming. Just this past week, we used ProductionHUB to find gear and crew in Athens, Greece!”.

Search 154
article thumbnail

Netflix vs. Blockbuster and bad profits (reflections from my Bazaarvoice days)

Austin Startup

Then in 1998 along came a tiny company in Los Gatos, California named Netflix. And don’t get me started on how great of a job Netflix does in creating high switching costs (or “community stickiness”) with all of its great ratings and social networking features. a recommendation engine). It worked, big time.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

What the Past Can Tell Us About the Future of Social Networking

Both Sides of the Table

Other people were in the online community called “ The Well &# (founded in 1985). We were looking for what I call the “6 C’s of Social Networking&# – Communications, connectedness, common experiences, content, commerce & cool experiences (fun!). And so it goes with social networking. And then came AOL.

article thumbnail

Transcript And MP3 Of My $180,000 Website Flipping Presentation

Entrepreneurs-Journey.com by Yaro Starak

I managed to visit Seattle as part of the Australian national Magic The Gathering team in 1998, so that was the highlight of my career as a professional Magic player. It made this site very sticky and it grew organically through viral word-of-mouth as a result of doing that. The new owner redesigned it. I love that.