Remove 1998 Remove Community Remove Media Remove Software Review
article thumbnail

Twitter Link Roundup #74 – Small Business, Social Media, Design, Copywriting, Marketing And More

crowdSPRING Blog

These posts and videos are about logo design , web design , startups, entrepreneurship, small business, leadership, social media, marketing, and more! “The median net return to VC fund investors has not been positive for any vintage year since 1998″ – [link]. Avoid Decision by Indecision – [link].

article thumbnail

How To Predict The Future

Feld Thoughts

By day he works on web and social media for HP. I’m a huge fan of William and his writing as you can see from my review of his book Avogadro Corp. There seem to be two schools of thought on how to predict the future of information technology: looking at software or looking at hardware. Napster arrived in June, 1999.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How Investors Are Increasing Their Returns Through Collaboration and Technology

David Teten

The first panel will focus on public markets and will discuss the use and effectiveness of social media tools and data mining technologies in harnessing the wisdom of crowds to generate investment ideas. Mr. Lindzon has more than 20 years experience in the financial community acting in both an entrepreneurial and investing capacity.

article thumbnail

Dallas Startup Happy Hour Tomorrow

The Startup Lawyer

Blake is the founder of CoHabitat, a startup community and hacker co-working space that’s become a hub for startup entrepreneurs, developers, and creatives. She co-founded an aircraft scheduling software company in 1998 that ended in a profitable exit. Here are bios for the speaking lineup: Blake Burris, Cohabitat.

Dallas 60
article thumbnail

27 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

Once I knew I definitely wanted to start a fashion boutique, I started talking about it to people and on social media platforms like Facebook, so people could hold me accountable. It was 1998 and the internet wasn’t exactly readily available. It sounds simple now, but in 1998 it was unheard of. What were the election results?

article thumbnail

It’s Morning in Venture Capital

Both Sides of the Table

Looking ahead at the next decade I am excited by what I believe will be viewed as one of the best and most rational investment periods for venture capital due to seven discrete factors: 1. If you want to understand the details of why this is, I covered it in detail in this post, Understanding Changes in the Software Industry.

article thumbnail

37 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Businesses

Hearpreneur

When you support that platform with inspirational and informative subject matter that helps guide people along the way, and then offer them a community of service providers who can help round out their team—well, that’s the ticket. We are transforming publishing for the 21st century. That’s massive. 5) Market Downturn.