Remove 1998 Remove Community Remove Media Remove Technical Review
article thumbnail

4 Reasons For Creating Your Brand Online On Your Own Land

Brandanew

The reason I got reminded of it, was a conversation with a brand owner about the great impact he had created for this brand on earned media. While the brand/ products had found organic mentions all over the Internet and who’s who media of their particular industry, the brand itself had little presence on social media or Google.

article thumbnail

How To Predict The Future

Feld Thoughts

By day he works on web and social media for HP. I’m a huge fan of William and his writing as you can see from my review of his book Avogadro Corp. There seem to be two schools of thought on how to predict the future of information technology: looking at software or looking at hardware. Napster arrived in June, 1999.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How to Get World Class Experts to Support Your Company

David Teten

I was excited to see that GLG (formerly Gerson Lehrman Group), the industry leader, is now offering a professional network service geared to the needs of the startup community: GLG Share. Like many established finance & media companies, GLG knows that the tech startup sector is a growing part of the economy.

New York 114
article thumbnail

Dallas Startup Happy Hour Tomorrow

The Startup Lawyer

27, at Campbell Centre, will include Blake Burris of CoHabitat ; Gabriella Draney of Tech Wildcatters ; Danica Mathes of Ignite Dallas ; and Joey Pomerenke of Startup Weekend. Blake is the founder of CoHabitat, a startup community and hacker co-working space that’s become a hub for startup entrepreneurs, developers, and creatives.

Dallas 60
article thumbnail

It’s Morning in Venture Capital

Both Sides of the Table

I have been close to the tech & startup sectors for more than 20 years and I can’t think of a period in which I felt more optimistic about the innovation and value creation I see in front of us. In 1998 there were around 850 VC funds and by 2000 there were 2,300. The Funding Problem. There are 20x more consumers online.

article thumbnail

How Investors Are Increasing Their Returns Through Collaboration and Technology

David Teten

17, on “How Investors Are Increasing Their Returns Through Collaboration and Technology”. The first panel will focus on public markets and will discuss the use and effectiveness of social media tools and data mining technologies in harnessing the wisdom of crowds to generate investment ideas.

article thumbnail

Transcript of What Does the Future of Podcasting Look Like?

Duct Tape Marketing

Tom Webster: Yeah, it sprung out of a study that we’ve been doing since 1998, called the Infinite Dial. It’s developed into the gold standard in a lot of different media measurements, in terms of how consumers behave when they’re using various types of media. And public media has led the way, certainly.

Audio 38