Remove 1998 Remove Community Remove New York Remove Venture Capital
article thumbnail

How to Get World Class Experts to Support Your Company

David Teten

I was excited to see that GLG (formerly Gerson Lehrman Group), the industry leader, is now offering a professional network service geared to the needs of the startup community: GLG Share. Professional expert networks allow you to efficiently convert your financial capital into relationship capital.

New York 114
article thumbnail

Outflanked, Not Outspent: The Real Story of Recruiting for Tech vs Wall St in NYC

This is going to be BIG.

It's because, as a community, we've been outflanked. You see, financial recruiting in New York City is machine--a machine that creates a lot of noise and whose gears start churning as early as sophomore year of college. I started a business newspaper at my college and my first article back in February 1998 was on AOL.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How Investors Are Increasing Their Returns Through Collaboration and Technology

David Teten

This is another joint event between HBS Angels of NY and the HBS Club of New York. Lindzon has more than 20 years experience in the financial community acting in both an entrepreneurial and investing capacity. Mr. Lindzon continues to manage a hedge fund he started in 1998.

article thumbnail

Asset Management Is A Bizarre Industry Ripe For Disruption

David Teten

At my firm, ff Venture Capital, we’re trying our part to rethink how the industry works, and also actively looking for opportunities to invest in companies creatively disrupting this sector, e.g., our portfolio companies Addepar and Indiegogo. I think there are many more opportunities to disrupt the space. Photo credit: JD Hancock.

article thumbnail

On Going Public: SPACs, Direct Listings, Public Offerings, and Access to Private Markets

Ben's Blog

billion multi-stage venture capital firm focused on IT-related investments… I also serve on various investment committees, including for the St. Jude Children’s Cancer Hospital and the Stanford Medical Center, and teach entrepreneurship and venture capital at the Stanford Graduate School of Business. 1990-1998 13.3%

SEC 36
article thumbnail

Boom and Bust and What Comes Next

Scalable Startup

Back on the Right Coast, New York Times Bits blogger Nick Bilton (24 November 2013) points to the NASDAQ composite index, which has soared above its highest point since the first tech boom ended, and notes that Twitter is losing money: “A price-to-earnings ratio? Beale Street and Market Street by Leo vanMunching.

article thumbnail

How to Fine-tune Your Small Business Finances—from Funding to Growth [Webinar Recap]

Up and Running

Bates: Josh, it reminds me of when I was doing web sites back in the day in 2000 and 1998 and instead of going and being able to buy a shopping cart you had to code the shopping cart from scratch. If you’re looking for five million dollars, you should be thinking institutional capital. They are a part of your community.