Remove 1999 Remove Community Remove Entrepreneur Remove Web Development
article thumbnail

Hiring A Web Developer: 11 Questions You Must Ask Ahead Of Time

YoungUpstarts

If you are a business owner who is not an expert in web development, finding someone (or an agency) you can trust to build your website is critical. To help with your vetting process, here are eleven questions to ask your would-be developers before making a decision: 1. By Uri Foox, founder of Pixafy. What do you do?

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneur Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Name

Hearpreneur

My wife and I co-founded our Web development and digital marketing agency atCommunications, LLC in 1999. Moving from one career to another, it was important to share the vision of Justice and community safety by sharing our name and background in plain sight. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community.

Naming 152
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How 99Designs.com came to be

Sophia Perl of Wisdom

I love hearing stories of entrepreneurs, it keeps me motivated and there are always great lessons to be learned. At first glance, Mickiewicz is a very happy-g0-lucky type of guy, but don’t be fooled because he is a serious entrepreneur. Hahaha, I laugh because later in his talk he mentions another website with a long name.

EC2 53
article thumbnail

10+ Trends: Recap of 2011 and What’s Next…

thebarefootvc

Women Rising: Microfinance institutions have known for years that women have higher repayment rates than men and that women are more likely to invest the borrowed capital back into their families and local communities. Nothing seems impossible anymore.

article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Name

Hearpreneur

2- Worked closely with our most active community members. We worked extremely closely with our most active community members to name Commaful. A name that our community helped choose and really reflects the people who use the site today! My favorite number is 3 so that and shortened, 3LT is my favorite number plus my initials.

Naming 97
article thumbnail

24 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

We asked some entrepreneurs and business owners, why they started their businesses: #1- Out of necessity. My firm, atCommunications, LLC—a Chicago-based Web development and digital marketing agency—is this year celebrating its 20th year in business! When I released this information into the community my life became in danger.