Remove 2002 Remove Community Remove Entrepreneur Remove Viral
article thumbnail

LinkedIn: The Series A Fundraising Story ? AGILEVC

Agile VC

Silicon Valley is still emerging from the tech bubble and massive downturn of late 2000-2002. To give you a sense, for 2002 the entire US online ad market was $6B and had shrunk year over year (it was $25B+ for 2010). We’re a how-to site and community for small business on marketing. . link] leehower.

article thumbnail

How much does it cost to build the world’s hottest startups?

The Next Web

And that involves processes, structures, feedback loops, analytics and a community.”. Luck, timing and social engineering are bigger components than most entrepreneurs care to imagine,” adds Werdelin. Still, a product is nothing without scalability. You can’t just build a product today, you need to build a venture. 3) Facebook.

Cost 168
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

5 great viral marketing campaigns (and what small businesses can learn from them!)

crowdSPRING Blog

At crowdSPRING we talk a great deal about how we can leverage our limited marketing resources to drive traffic and revenues and build strong community. Other tactics leverage partnerships with other businesses to create mutual value and introduce our respective communities to one another’s services or product offering.

Viral 107
article thumbnail

What the Past Can Tell Us About the Future of Social Networking

Both Sides of the Table

The Past (1985-2002). Other people were in the online community called “ The Well &# (founded in 1985). We were looking for what I call the “6 C’s of Social Networking&# – Communications, connectedness, common experiences, content, commerce & cool experiences (fun!). And then came AOL.

article thumbnail

Netflix vs. Blockbuster and bad profits (reflections from my Bazaarvoice days)

Austin Startup

And if you are an entrepreneur in search of a business idea, search for businesses that are in huge markets that are dependent on bad profits. This is one of my favorite business books of all time and perhaps the single most important book for entrepreneurs to read. They didn’t listen to the power of word of mouth.

article thumbnail

#KillerSaaSPitch in 10 Words (Part 2)

Cracking the Code

The best entrepreneurs are often those who can articulate their vision and roadmap in a simple, elegant and purposeful manner. 6 Passion While everyone wants to make money, good VCs look for more in an entrepreneur than the desire to cash out. They invest in entrepreneurs who want to change the world.

article thumbnail

CEO Friday: Why we don’t hire.NET programmers

blog.expensify.com

But I’ve seen some recent comments that this post might have upset and offended the SMB community that we serve, and that I cannot abide. In fact, the open source community can learn a lot from Microsoft in terms of backward compatibility and tools for productivity. same thing goes for the majority of the Java community).NET

Java 107