Remove 2004 Remove Community Remove Social Network Remove Viral
article thumbnail

LinkedIn: The Series A Fundraising Story ? AGILEVC

Agile VC

Google is still a private company (their IPO was Aug 2004). Online social networking is a concept still being evangelized even in Silicon Valley… Friendster is in private beta (wasn’t until Oct 2003 they received Google acquisition offer which they turned down for Kleiner/Benchmark round). link] leehower.

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Reveal Their Favorite Business or Entrepreneur Turnaround Story

Hearpreneur

Mark Zuckerberg’s journey started when he created a message program ‘ ZuckNet’ at the age of twelve, CourseMatch and FaceMash in college, and finally the world-famous social networking platform ‘Facebook’ which revolutionized communication, followed by taking over WhatsApp and Instagram. 16- Subscription service by BMW.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

What the Past Can Tell Us About the Future of Social Networking

Both Sides of the Table

I recently spoke at Caltech at the Caltech / MIT Enterprise Forum on “the future of social networking,&# the 30-minute video is here and the PowerPoint presentation is here on DocStoc ). What are the big trends that will drive the next phase of social networks? And so it goes with social networking.

article thumbnail

LinkedIn's Series B Pitch to Greylock: Pitch Advice for Entrepreneurs

reidhoffman.org

What I’ve honorably been able to do, however, is share the deck I used to pitch LinkedIn to Greylock for a Series B investment back in 2004. the consumer internet landscape in 2004 vs. today. In 2004, the consumer internet was just beginning to rebound. Friendster’s valuation set the tone for the entire social networking space.

article thumbnail

How to Run Effective Online Sweepstakes Campaigns

ConversionXL

We connect them to hundreds of thousands of potential new customers using email marketing, social networks, and display ad campaigns. Create a new community channel for customer interaction, provide updates, and generate news. It might not go very viral even if you’re a relatively well-known person. 6600+ new fans.

article thumbnail

9 Tips for Raising Startup Funds on AngelList

mashable.com

He founded SKYLIST in 1996 from his college dorm room at Carnegie Mellon, and created UnsubCentral in 2004. AngelList is an online community that matches startups with investors to streamline the fundraising process. What is your viral coefficient? Social Media Lists. Social Network Lists. Social Media.

article thumbnail

CEO Friday: Why we don’t hire.NET programmers

blog.expensify.com

They write everything from assembly to jQuery, on PCs to mobile phones, doing hard core computer graphics to high level social networking. But I’ve seen some recent comments that this post might have upset and offended the SMB community that we serve, and that I cannot abide. They’ve tried everything.

Java 107