Remove 2005 Remove Community Remove CTO Hire Remove Founder
article thumbnail

A Few Key People Really Can Make a Huge Difference

Both Sides of the Table

Seattle should be the envy of any non Silicon Valley tech community in the country. I gave him the same advice I give nearly all over-worked, control-freak, do-everything-yourself startup founders: “Your number one priority isn’t any of these things. There’s you and your killer CTO co-founder.

Seattle 317
article thumbnail

Social Networking and Business Value

SoCal CTO

Social networking sites and microblogs are used not only to build company brands, but to foster productivity; social media tools help build communities around the question, "What are you working on?" In 2005, Majid coauthored "Data Strategy" a book designed to help streamline information management within organizations.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Inspiring Entrepreneurs: Ted Livingston’s rollercoaster ride as CEO of hit messaging startup Kik

The Next Web

A fortnight ago, Boris interviewed Reed Hastings on his business lessons and experience, but now I’m shaking it up with a look at a 26-year-old founder who is disrupting the mobile and social networking spaces: Kik CEO and founder Ted Livingston. I went to university in Waterloo in 2005 for engineering. The deal that saved Kik.

article thumbnail

Understanding The Role Of The Chief Behind The Chief

Duct Tape Marketing

Cameron is t he founder of the COO Alliance, the World’s Leading Network for Seconds in Command. One of my favorite episodes who should be your first hire, what's your funding plan, Dr. Lisa Cravin shares her top advice from building spotlight oral. Marketing Podcast with Cameron Herold. This is John Jantsch.

CTO 79
article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #27: Eren Bali of Carbon Health on public health, COVID vaccinations, and working as a unified society to solve problems

Startup Lessons Learned

His first instinct was that "somebody" should rethink how a doctor operates, how they communicate with the patient, and basically how the whole concept of care delivery works. Now, as CEO and founder of Carbon Health , Eren is leading one of the country's fastest growing healthcare startups. I'm the founder and CEO of Carbon Health.

article thumbnail

Lessons Learned: Why PHP won

Startup Lessons Learned

The number one reason I keep coming back to PHP is that it has overwhelming community support. Ive written elsewhere that success in creating a platform is "becoming a function not of the size and resources of the company that builds it, but of the size of the community that supports it." Lets start with some circular reasoning.

PHP 166
article thumbnail

From Nothing To Something. How To Get There.

techcrunch.com

One of the things I do as a founder of a later stage startup is to meet with early stage entrepreneurs to help them get their companies going. Nine times out of ten, the meeting ends with them asking me for introductions to VCs. Inevitably, the excuses begin: I need to hire people to build the product. and Google. No legal muck.