Remove 2005 Remove Community Remove Founder Remove Syndication
article thumbnail

The Twenty Year Itch: My Last VC Investment Out of Brooklyn Bridge Ventures

This is going to be BIG.

To put that timeframe in perspective, here’s a picture of analyst me taken at USV’s first office in 2005, dressed in khakis and a button-down shirt versus a picture of me, a GP at my own firm, over 100 deals later, now on my latest Zoom board call from my couch at home with my junior analyst of about a year and a half. No new investments.

article thumbnail

LinkedIn: The Series A Fundraising Story ? AGILEVC

Agile VC

Many assume it was a cakewalk, based on the success LinkedIn has enjoyed over time and the current stature of our founder/CEO Reid Hoffman (now Chairman). Yes… he was a very successful PayPal exec and previously co-founder & VP Product of SocialNet. We’re a how-to site and community for small business on marketing. .

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

4 Considerations for Expanding Your Startup to International Markets

mashable.com

If you’re working with an open source project, for example, it’s important that you have a definitive business model to drive revenue — though not at the cost of alienating your community of core contributors. They may also contribute code to the community that comprises the backbone of their technology.

France 77
article thumbnail

LinkedIn Explores What It Takes To Be an Entrepreneur [INFOGRAPHIC]

mashable.com

Droid X Feature Comparison [INFOGRAPHIC] iPad By the Numbers [INFOGRAPHIC] LinkedIn Explores What It Takes To Be an Entrepreneur [INFOGRAPHIC] September 1, 2011 by Ben Parr 15 Share on Tumblr email share Share on Tumblr email share Where does the ideal startup founder come from? Whom is he or she connected to?

article thumbnail

What Kind of Workspace Is Best For Your Startup?

mashable.com

“There’s simply no budget for [an office], as I bootstrap the company,&# says Paul Molluzzo, founder of Baby Goes Mobile , a web app that lets parents create a private baby book they can view and update from their mobile phones. Founded in 2005, Mashable is headquartered in New York City with an office in San Francisco.

article thumbnail

9 Tips for Raising Startup Funds on AngelList

mashable.com

Facebook Co-Founder’s Startup Asana Launches Publicly. Joshua Baer is the co-founder and CEO of Otherinbox , a prolific angel investor and the director of Capital Factory , Austin’s seed-stage incubator. AngelList is an online community that matches startups with investors to streamline the fundraising process.

article thumbnail

6 Important Startup Trends that Defined 2011

mashable.com

With more than 20 million unique monthly visitors, Mashable has one of the most engaged online news communities. Founded in 2005, Mashable is headquartered in New York City with an office in San Francisco. Global Syndication Partners. ©2005-2011 Mashable, Inc. ABCNews CNN Metro USAToday Yahoo.