Remove 2005 Remove Community Remove Software Review Remove Web Development
article thumbnail

Lessons Learned: Why PHP won

Startup Lessons Learned

But by the time I was building my first websites for commercial use , PHP had taken over. Since then, PHP (as part of the LAMP stack ) has really been the dominant development platform, at least in the free software and startup worlds. The number one reason I keep coming back to PHP is that it has overwhelming community support.

PHP 166
article thumbnail

5 Hot Ecommerce Trends to Watch

mashable.com

When a potential customer visits a website and then leaves without making a purchase, companies can ‘follow’ them on the Internet,” says Melissa Chelist, owner of Storkgifts , an online children’s store. Mobile devices are fast becoming the preferred method of accessing the web. More Stories in Apps & Software.

eCommerce 101
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

What Google's Penguin Algorithm Means for Your Business

mashable.com

Are you hosting an event in the community? More Stories in Apps & Software. Get people who know about IP address, HTML and its impact on ranking, QR codes, NFC and other 21st Century marketing tools. By use of this code snippet, I agree to the Brightcove Publisher T and C. MIT Technology Review. Hiring someone new?

article thumbnail

How To Close The Books on Your Startup

mashable.com

This is particularly true in the fast-paced high-tech and software world, where only a small percentage of startups mature. If you’ve been operating as an LLC, review the dissolution requirements in your state’s LLCA (Limited Liability Company Act). By use of this code snippet, I agree to the Brightcove Publisher T and C.

LLC 68
article thumbnail

Twitter Link Roundup #115 – Small Business, Social Media, Design, Copywriting, Marketing And More

crowdSPRING Blog

Five Tips To Improve Employee Performance Reviews – [link]. Five Tips To Improve Employee Performance Reviews – [link]. Some Thoughts On The IPO Market For Web Companies (by @fredwilson) – [link]. 25 Must Have Social Media Icon Packs For Web Designers – [link]. Small Businesses and Startups: Worst.

article thumbnail

Startup Resources

www.vccafe.com

VC Cafe highlights everything you need to know from hosting your code in hackathons to open source legal docs. Hundreds of startups featured since 2005, will yours be next? Website/Blogging. Ning Communities. Mobile Tools: If you are a web developer, you donâ??t Web frameworks. Code Igniter.

article thumbnail

How HTML5 Is Aiding in Cross-Platform Development

mashable.com

It also means that developers can feel free to use those technologies when creating their applications and not have to worry that the device itself won’t support a particular function. Earlier this month, leading iOS developer ScrollMotion released its first simultaneous e-book for the iPad and Chrome Web Store.