Remove 2007 Remove Community Remove Global Remove LLC
article thumbnail

Female Founder Interview: Latina Leader Elizabeth Colón

The Startup Magazine

Colón is a Speaker, Contributing Author, & CEO of language services company, Metaphrasis Language and Cultural Solutions, LLC. Our role within the international women business owner community continues to reach new corners of the world. CEO, Metaphrasis Language and Cultural Solutions , LLC. Elizabeth Colón.

Founder 158
article thumbnail

What is a Social Enterprise?

Up and Running

They also note that after the 2007 recession—when things looked grim for the U.S. it is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit, but because of its dedication to sustainability, it is now working with local communities to form separate stove manufacturing factories in their countries. According to the Harvard Business Review, in most U.S.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

After Raising $6.7M For Startups And Winning SEC Approval, AngelList Opens Up Investment Platform To More Companies

techcrunch.com

From 2004 to 2007, she helped lead Congresswoman Carloyn Maloney’s community outreach and relations efforts in New York City. Via SecondMarket, AngelList creates an LLC on the fly into which all the new investors go. As Smartphones Reach A Global Tipping Point, Why Your Product Isn't As Simple As You.

SEC 61
article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

Thanks to N Paul Davis, Paul Davis Solutions, LLC ! #13- At my previous position as a Strategist at Disney, I was tasked with leading undergraduate recruiting efforts for the Global Development and Corporate Finance teams. Hence my business, Let Your Space Bloom, LLC, came to fruition. Photo Credit: Davis Waddell.

article thumbnail

ITSEF Video: How Global Competition Has Changed and the Critical Role of Venture Capital in America’s Growth Economy

Pascal's View

Global Competition and the Critical Role of Venture Capital in America’s Growth Economy. Gururaj “Desh” Deshpande, Chairman Sparta Group, LLC and Lesa Mitchell, VP Advancing Innovation, Kauffman Foundation, at the IT Security Entrepreneurs’ Forum held at Stanford University on March 18, 2009. RUN TIME 3 MINUTES 17 SECONDS].

article thumbnail

22 Entrepreneurs Explain Their Major Accomplishments in 2020

Hearpreneur

Thanks to Marcos Martinez, Men Who Brunch llc ! #7- I have been running a PR Firm, Whitegate PRINC since 2007. 14- Creating a global virtual 3-day virtual summit. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community. My goal by the end of this year is to have 10, 000 visitors to my blog. 7- Winning a third award.

article thumbnail

15 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Name

Hearpreneur

I’ve been a dating and relationship coach for over 8 years and what I learned personally as I dated between my two marriages (and is the reason I met and married my husband in 2007) and what I continue to learn from my clients is ‘We attract the type of person we believe we deserve.’ It was at this point things hit me.

Naming 48