Remove 2011 Remove Community Remove Illinois Remove Naming
article thumbnail

The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail

online.wsj.com

NAME Comcast. NAME Verizon Communications. NAME Yahoo. NAME Shikhar Ghosh. NAME Toby Stuart. NAME Daniel Dreymann. NAME Charles Holloway. NAME David Cowan. In early 2011 an acquisition by a Fortune 500 company fell apart. Domain Name/Basic Site. COMPANY AOL COMPANY|AOL.

article thumbnail

5/25-NYC – Investing in Intellectual Capital: Patents, Trademarks, Domain Names, Litigation, Government Rights, and other Intangible Assets

David Teten

I’m excited about the program below on “Investing in Intellectual Capital: Intellectual Capital: Patents, Trademarks, Domain Names, Litigation, Government Rights, and other Intangible Assets” Click here to make a reservation. Wednesday, May 25, 2011. Mr. Geleerd has been a member of YPO since 2000.

Naming 122
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

37 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Businesses

Hearpreneur

When you support that platform with inspirational and informative subject matter that helps guide people along the way, and then offer them a community of service providers who can help round out their team—well, that’s the ticket. That’s what spawned the idea that I can do better and namely how computer users deserved much better.

article thumbnail

Hazards of Hiring

www.ericsink.com

that the Tech-Ed speakers list had more people named Brian than women. The decision was primarily being driven by myself and one of my co-workers named Mary. When I see a BS from someplace like University of Illinois or Stanford, I believe the probability of ending up with a successful employee in the future is higher.

Hiring 40