Remove 2015 Remove Community Remove CPA Remove Programming
article thumbnail

How to Become Your Own Boss in 2015 (Webinar Recap)

Up and Running

Those of you that have had the opportunity to go to college, I am quite sure that you probably know someone who is a CPA and someone who is a lawyer and you want to add those two people to this kitchen cabinet as well because you need professional advice. I want you to know that business plans are living, breathing documents.

article thumbnail

MANAGING DIRECTOR OF TECHSTARS AUSTIN

Austin Startup

At the event, there will be an interactive panel moderated by Trevor Boehm, Techstars Program Director and lead writer of “Get Backed,” a best-selling book on fundraising. Joining Schwartzfarb on the panel will be Kurt Rathmann, CPA (CEO of Scalefactor), Rob Taylor (CEO of Convey) and Monica Landers (CEO of Storyfit).

Austin 48
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

30 Small Business Ideas (for When You Don’t Know What Business to Start)

Up and Running

While you’ll probably need to complete either an apprenticeship or a trade program to get started, if you’re already an amateur or have worked construction in the past (or simply have interest in seeking the education), this might be a great fit. The Best Sewing Blogs of 2015. How to Make iPhone Apps With No Programming Experience.

article thumbnail

Episode 76: Accounting Basics for Entrepreneurs with Jody Padar

Mike Michalowicz

She is CEO and Principal of the New Vision CPA Group, a public accounting firm based in the Chicago area. Jody is the author of “The Radical CPA: New Rules for the Future-Ready Firm,” a book that sparked a movement within the profession. In addition, Jody was recently named among Hubdoc’s Top 50 Cloud Accountants of 2015.

CPA 60
article thumbnail

50+ Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Name

Hearpreneur

A photo posted by CEO Blog Nation : I am CEO (@ceoblognation) on Sep 16, 2015 at 10:40am PDT. #1 When I returned to Nigeria from Germany looking to create a dedicated (online) hotel booking agency for Nigerians, I wanted my company to communicate in the simplest terms possible what our value proposition was. Image Credit: Mark Essien.

Naming 48
article thumbnail

How to minimize customer acquisition costs

Duct Tape Marketing

Determine Cost Per Acquisition (CPA): CPA = CPPC multiplied by CR. Be loyalty-friendly: The most successful businesses offer loyalty programs. This creates community engagement, word-of-mouth, and new customers who come in because a friend told them it’s their day (or they saw it on the restaurant’s reader board).