Remove 2015 Remove Community Remove Programming Remove Software Engineering
article thumbnail

The Digital Transformation Is Affordable For SMBs: Where To Start In Your Digital Strategy

YoungUpstarts

The problem, is historically, the investment in time and resources required for traditional digital solutions can feel out of reach, and the type of programs used by corporations aren’t practical for SMBs for daily operations like reporting, inventory, or accounting. Decide if a forum comment violates community guidelines.

article thumbnail

Scaling Techstars Horizontally

Feld Thoughts

If you are a software engineer, you probably get this instinctively. If you reflect on one part of Techstars – the accelerator programs – we’ve added the following new programs in 2015. There are two common ways to scale a system – horizontally or vertically. Techstars Mobility (Detroit).

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Flexible VCs With Structures Between Equity and Revenue-Based Investing

David Teten

His work on VC and small communities can be found at greatercolorado.vc/blog. GCVF specializes in providing critical support to founders based in small communities, while connecting them to an unfair network well-beyond their small-town headquarters. . In 2015, they invested $1m (out of OATV Fund III) in 8 companie s as a pilot.

Equity 78
article thumbnail

Diverse Startups Can Receive Tech Mentorship And Thrive

ReadWriteStart

Fortunately, it was around the same time that Brooks connected with Kathryn Finney of Digital Undivided , a community outreach program with the mission of getting black women started in tech. Focus100 gets its name from Finney’s goal to propel 100 new female founders in the tech industry by 2015. It’s a lack of opportunities.

article thumbnail

Tech Diversity & Inclusion Allies at SXSW

Austin Startup

He’s a former Dell exec that worked on their startup team with Ingrid Vandervelt, a Capital Factory mentor, and the co-founder of DivInc, Austin’s pre-accelerator program for diverse founders, which is hosted at Capital Factory. Joe Beard joined Perot Jain as a Partner in 2015.

article thumbnail

18 Entrepreneurs Explain What They Did Prior to Starting Their Businesses

Hearpreneur

He also didn’t believe in supporting the community and supporting local organizations through our skills. More importantly, we continue to help the community through pro-bono projects, supporting non-profits and charitable campaigns, and giving back where and when we can. On the 4th of July, 2015, I shared my vision with Erin.

article thumbnail

So you say you want to be a Product Manager …?

Austin Startup

While supporting the LGBTQIA+ community at-large is a personal interest of mine , I must admit that my attendance at this most-recent ROMBA event was purely motivated by self-interest. You can develop enough engineering knowledge to be dangerous without becoming an engineer and you can use empathy to feel your user’s pain and make Vicodin.”