Remove Affiliate Remove Community Remove Hosting Remove Venture Capital
article thumbnail

This Week in Venture Capital – Episode 2

Both Sides of the Table

I was on This Week in Venture Capital (TWiVC) again this week with Jason Calacanis. He’s considering making me the permanent co-host so if you enjoy any of this episode or want to see me on the show on a more regular basis please Tweet @jason and let him know (he asked for direct feedback).

article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Reveal the Organization, Communities or Associations they Belong to That Help Support Their Business

Hearpreneur

One of the best ways to promote your business and increase its name recognition is by joining business organizations and/or communities or associations. For me, that’s where professional communities come in. I have used such communities even when starting my own company, and they have always proven invaluable.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

10 Takeaways for Israeli founders considering the UK

VC Cafe

On Monday, Kevin Baxpehler and I hosted the UK Israel Business investor delegation to Tel Aviv, and today I spent the morning with the 8200 EISP startup delegation to London where I was joined by Kirsten Connell (Cylon Lab, Managing Director) Simon Menashy (MMC Ventures, General Partner). Here they are in no particular order.

Founder 137
article thumbnail

How Universities Can Help Students and Alumni Work in the Tech Industry

David Teten

My former Partner John Frankel of ff Venture Capital observes that 20 years ago, the defining movie of the generation was “Wall Street”. Along with some friends from Yale (my alma mater), I recently brainstormed some ideas to accelerate a university’s campus tech community. “CEO is the new Analyst.”.

article thumbnail

VCs eating our own dog food: Using technology and analytics to make better investments

David Teten

Private equity and venture capital investors are copying our sisters in the hedge fund world: we’re trying to automate more of our job. . To learn more about this space, I suggest join an online community I co-founded, PEVCTech. . I use Google Drive to host my conference presentations , which are all embedded at teten.com.

article thumbnail

‘The Future of Everything’: Chicago Booth’s Annual Conference, SeedCon

The Startup Magazine

This year, The Startup Magazine is proud to sponsor the entrepreneurship and venture capital conference, SeedCon, run by the Chicago Booth business school. On Friday, January 25, the entrepreneurial community at Chicago Booth looks forward to hosting their annual conference, SeedCon. Event Focus.

Chicago 101
article thumbnail

Helping Entrepreneurs Get To Where They Want To Go Faster

Duct Tape Marketing

16:24] What type of networking have you found the community responds to? [18:16] John Jantsch (00:00): This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by Marketing Against the Grain, hosted by Kip Bodner. Carolyn Rodz (06:16): You know, I would say at our core, we're community, A community above all else.