Remove Aggregator Remove Community Remove Distribution Remove Equity
article thumbnail

Requests for Startups in 2024

VC Cafe

I’ve recently come across several of such lists and I thought it could be useful to aggregate them and share them here. Social Hybrid AI x human communities – messaging & social apps where bots are treated as equal citizens. Bots should be able to join chats with you and friends, and weigh in or spark discussions.

article thumbnail

How to Scale Support of Portfolio Companies

David Teten

Large private equity funds like KKR can afford to pursue a consulting model ( Capstone ), typically with associated fees, but that doesn’t normally make economic sense for a VC. the “TOPSCAN” framework from my research study on value creation by VCs ): T eam-Building – We aggregate openings across our portfolio on our jobs page.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The SBA Needs To Get It’s Act Together On The PPP

VC Adventure

After its enactment but before it was implemented, there were questions about the SBA’s “affiliation rules” which can disqualify companies if the aggregated number of employees at affiliate companies is greater than 500. Just where the line is between need (and payroll preservation) and greed isn’t very clear.

SBA 79
article thumbnail

VCs eating our own dog food: Using technology and analytics to make better investments

David Teten

Private equity and venture capital investors are copying our sisters in the hedge fund world: we’re trying to automate more of our job. . To learn more about this space, I suggest join an online community I co-founded, PEVCTech. . In the private equity universe, most Partners have primary training as deal-makers, not as managers.

article thumbnail

Many Many Moments of Lift

Reid Hoffman

But it’s not just that the Foundation has been effective at aggregating and analyzing the “whos,” “whats,” “wheres,” “whens,” and “hows” of huge global challenges like childhood mortality. And when you’re working globally to include women and girls, who are half of every population, you’re working to benefit all members of every community.

Senegal 28
article thumbnail

A Few Thoughts on Social Media Monitoring

Venture Chronicles

These post level items are aggregated into a dashboard view and measurements of sentiment, trending, and relative status are calculated. Paid media is advertising while Earned is how brands affect their public equity through the independent news cycle (e.g. branded media mentions). Social media monitoring facilitates both objectives.

article thumbnail

What’s Your VC Tech Stack? Results from a Survey of Early-Stage VC Funds

David Teten

In his white paper How Private Equity and Venture Capital Investors Are Eating Their Own Dogfood , PEVCTECH.com founder David Teten explored how private equity and venture capital investors are trying to automate more of their job. However, 87% of our respondents don’t actively participate in any such community.