Remove Aggregator Remove Community Remove LP Remove Venture Capital
article thumbnail

How Private Equity and Venture Capital Investors Are Eating Their Own Dogfood

David Teten

Private equity and venture capital investors are copying our sisters in the hedge fund and mutual fund world: we’re trying to automate more of our job. Advances in machine learning, specifically natural language processing, have made generating these baseline, aggregate datasets possible, at scale, with high accuracy.

article thumbnail

Changes in Software & Venture Capital – Part 2 of 3

Both Sides of the Table

Yesterday I wrote Part 1 of the series on the changes to the software industry over the past decade that has led to changes in the venture capital industry itself. The LP Community Hasn’t Yet Caught Up. My best guess is that new LP funds will be set up in the future to service Micro VCs.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

VCs eating our own dog food: Using technology and analytics to make better investments

David Teten

Private equity and venture capital investors are copying our sisters in the hedge fund world: we’re trying to automate more of our job. . To learn more about this space, I suggest join an online community I co-founded, PEVCTech. . (To see the video above, please click the image, and then click on the Play button.).

article thumbnail

What’s Your VC Tech Stack? Results from a Survey of Early-Stage VC Funds

David Teten

As a globally focused LP in early stage VC funds, we at Blue Future Partners have observed a growing trend of firms investing substantially in software tools, whether developing proprietary solutions or adopting off the shelf tools. However, 87% of our respondents don’t actively participate in any such community.

article thumbnail

Conference Notes on Sourcing Deal Flow & Developing New Business for Private Equity

David Teten

Deal aggregation websites Increasing in popularity, trying to increase market efficiency. Riverside defines proprietary as any sale less than ~3 buyers involved Kinderhook looks for the “broken” auctions that didn’t get the right attention of the PE community. Prestegaard, High Road Capital Parnters.

article thumbnail

On the Road to Recap:

abovethecrowd.com

While not obvious on the surface, there has been a fundamental sea-change in the investment community that has made the incremental Unicorn investment a substantially more dangerous and complicated practice. About this same point in time, the journalists that focus specifically on the venture capital industry noted something quite profound.

IPO 40