Remove Aggregator Remove Community Remove Networking Remove Silicon Valley
article thumbnail

The Valence Funding Network: Connecting Black Talent with Capital

Feld Thoughts

If you are a venture capitalist, I strongly encourage you to join the Valence Funding Network to provide Black founders with direct access to VCs. Valence launched our beta platform to provide a digital home for Black talent to connect, access opportunities, and aggregate their power. I’ve joined along with a number of my peers.

article thumbnail

China Startups – The Gold Rush and Fire Extinguishers (Part 5 of 5)

Steve Blank

For the last 10 years China essentially closed its search, media and social network software market to foreign companies with the result that Google, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Dropbox, and 30,000 other websites were not accessible from China. And they were increasing at an aggregate 33 million IOS and Android activations per month.

China 323
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

China Startups – The Gold Rush and Fire Extinguishers (Part 5 of 5)

Steve Blank

For the last 10 years China essentially closed its search, media and social network software market to foreign companies with the result that Google, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Dropbox, and 30,000 other websites were not accessible from China. And they were increasing at an aggregate 33 million IOS and Android activations per month.

China 215
article thumbnail

Visit to Case Foundation and Startup America

David Teten

They do that by aggregating America’s startups, providing them with pro bono services, and promoting regional ecosystem development. However, as we got involved in issues like clean drinking water, we realized we’re missing a big opportunity to rally communities around us. Goal: tap into power of developers to solve community problems.

America 144
article thumbnail

Startup Accelerators are Entrepreneur Boot Camps

Startup Professionals Musings

Now they are coming back, and the best even provide networking, technical leadership, and seed funding, as well as investors waving money at graduates. Incubators I hear mentioned most often include YCombinator , led by Paul Graham in Silicon Valley, and TechStars , located in Boston, Boulder, New York City, and Seattle.

Incubator 215
article thumbnail

Investors Love Top Startup Incubator Graduates

Startup Professionals Musings

Now they are coming back, and the best even provide networking, technical leadership, and seed funding, as well as investors waving money at graduates. Incubators I hear mentioned most often include YCombinator , led by Paul Graham in Silicon Valley, and TechStars , located in Boston, Boulder, New York City, and Seattle.

Incubator 234
article thumbnail

Startup Accelerators are Entrepreneur Boot Camps

Gust

Incubator 147